Fresh Minds Academy (www.freshminds.ca) is looking for an AP Language and Composition teacher to work online with students. This is a long-term partnership with an annual contract that can be renewed.
Description of the Position
- Instruct students in AP Language and AP Composition skills and assist them in making academic success.
- Teach English Language Arts abilities to high school students, including critical analysis for AP courses.
- Initiate and conduct a high-quality, high-level English writing/essay competition, as well as student writing activities.
- Evaluate students' academic needs and create personalized learning strategies to help them succeed.
- Maintains competency in all parts of AP English Language and Composition including rules and general facts.
- Grade and correct homework assignments for students I am a timely fashion, including books to read and essays to complete.
- Create an online learning atmosphere that is both enjoyable and supportive.
- Dedicated to assisting students in achieving academic excellence and preparing for further education
- College Board Certified AP Language and AP Literature Instructor with extensive knowledge and experience in English Language Arts (ELA).
- Experience teaching high school ELA, particularly AP Language and Literature, is essential.
- It is preferable if you have prior experience bringing kids to ELA competitions such as writing and essay contests.
- Dynamic, articulate, patient, dependable, enjoyable, and professional
- Ability to foster a positive and encouraging online learning environment
- Appreciate working with small groups of students
Part-time and contract jobs are available.
Mondays through Fridays
Considerations for COVID-19:
This is a completely online teachingrole that will be conducted via video conference and Zoom
Location of Work:
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $30.00-$60.00 per hour
- Master's Degree (preferred)
- Teaching: 3 years (preferred)
- teacher's certificate (preferred)