Health Care Aide - Community
CBI Health is Canada’s leading community healthcare provider, and our passionate team is at the heart of what we do. Every day, our 13,000 staff make a meaningful difference in our clients’ lives as we live the core values that define us: heart, respect, reliability, teamwork and innovation. Along with mentoring and continuous learning opportunities to help advance your career, we are building a culture of inspiration, recognition and celebration for the meaningful work our team does every day, all across the country. Join the new CBI Health because your care matters.
We’re committed to making a difference in people’s lives – and that starts with yours. You’ll enjoy a flexible schedule that allows you to achieve your goals at work and at home, with a balance of teamwork and independence. We have a team of Supervisors and motivated colleagues who are excited to meet and support you!
Your role with clients
As a caring, responsible health care team member, you will support clients to be as safe and independent in their homes as possible, helping them to live their best lives. You will provide personal care to clients in their home, and may assist them to mobilize and perform light exercises. You will act at all times with the client and their family at the heart of all you do, observing, documenting, and reporting any changes in their condition to your Manager/Supervisor. You may be required to perform light housekeeping tasks as indicated in client care plans.
What you will need to be successful
- Registration with the Alberta HCA Directory
- A clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening within the last 6 months
- Proof of a negative TB test within the last 12 months or chest xray
- Ability to travel from home to home within the community
- Commitment to work every other weekend
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills, with ability to communicate in other languages an asset
- Reliability and strong organization skills
What CBI Health offers you
- Continuous learning and skills development, including management opportunities
- Training and mentoring from a national network of experts
- Competitive compensation with comprehensive benefits and rewards package, including group health, dental and vision benefits
- Excellent administrative support, so you can focus on your patients
- Flexible hours, which allow work-life balance and focus on quality of life
Are you an HCA graduate that completed an AB HCA program between January 1st – June 20th, 2022? If so, you may be eligible for the AB HCA Bursary Program. Check out the link below:
For millions of Canadians, CBI Health is where better begins. We are Canada’s leading community healthcare provider, reliably delivering innovative rehabilitation and home care programs that help our clients achieve their health goals. With 250+ locations and supporting more than 800 communities, people are at the heart of what we do. Every day, all across the country, our 13,000 staff work together to make a meaningful difference in our clients’ lives and help shape healthcare for the better. Learn more at cbihealth.ca
CBI Health is committed to providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone feels safe and accepted as their authentic selves. We actively seek qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity and inclusion and contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives that help us innovate and provide the best possible care to our clients.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristics that make each of us different.