Market Recon (www.marketrecon.ca) has an exciting opportunity for an outgoing individual to join one of their high-profile clients, Dr. Oetker, as a Merchandiser/Territory Representative for East Montreal.
This position is 85% merchandising and 15% sales. The candidate must have a valid driver's license and a reliable vehicle to travel the territory. A monthly car allowance is paid. We anticipate this role to be 90% working within your assigned territory and 10% from your home office.
A key part of your role will be merchandising the aisles and building secondary displays at all of the stores within your assigned territory which includes, among others: Anjou, Joliette, Lachenaie, Laval, L'Assomption, Mascouche, Montreal, Repentigny, Terrebonne, St-Léonard.
Hours: 40 hours, Mon-Fri (no evenings or weekends!)
Base starting Salary Range: $43,000 to $46,000 plus a monthly car and cell allowance and sales bonuses!
- Responsible for managing and executing marketing/sales strategy in a specific territory of grocery and retail locations daily
- Accountable for communicating and supporting account promotions; including building displays, upselling orders, and ensuring account and marketing programs are execute
- Ensure operational excellence through management of call cycle, frequency, coverage, and time in call
- Deliver weekly program objectives from preparation, to in field execution and handheld reporting
- Present, promote and sell in innovation products and brand awareness programs (i.e campaigns, demo programs)
- Build brand presence through interactions with department managers and decision makers
- Meet weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales program quotas (display, items in display, distribution, upselling)
- Train stores on the goals and objectives of the retail program
- Maintain strong relationships with store personnel
- Create a positive and engaging experience between the consumer and brand
- Provide feedback to District Manager
- At least one year of sales experience in retail
- Experience dealing with Grocery and Retailers is an asset
- At least one year of Merchandising experience is required
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal in both French and English
- Attention to detail, organization, and the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to be adaptable and work independently with minimal supervision
- Technology savvy and computer literate, including being comfortable using digital technology, cloud-based applications, handheld devices (tablet, camera, etc.)
- Available to travel within the assigned market (as outlined above)
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract
- Full background check is a required
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
HRfx Consulting is assisting the Market Recon/Dr. Oetker team with the initial screening of candidates. The candidates that will be selected to move forward will be contacted, via email, to schedule a phone interview. Thank you for your interest in this opportunity as well as in the company.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $43,000.00-$46,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you live within the assigned territory? If yes, which area?
- Retail sales: 1 year (preferred)
- Merchandising: 1 year (preferred)
- Canadian Grocery: 1 year (preferred)
- French and English fluently (required)
- Driver's License (required)