This is remote (work from home) paid co-op / internship opportunity for the bright talented university students who like to share their passion for the STEAM education with the next generation innovators.
Eligibility: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY, International students DO NOT qualify for this position.
- You are currently registered in a recognized Canadian post-secondary institution (part-time or full-time enrolment in college, bachelor's, master's, certificate or PhD programs.
- You must be Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to who refugee protection has been conferred under the immigration and refugee protection act. Sorry, international students do not qualify for this job.
- You are Undertaking a placement that is recognized as a Work-Integrated Learning component by their institution in connection with a course, degree, certificate, diploma, or other recognized program offered by the institution. The placement can be required or optional, for credit or not for credit.
- Experience and passion for working with children & managing online classroom. Preference will be given to the individuals who truly understand and know-how of implementing activities which foster creativity, critical thinking and problem solving attitude in young minds.
- Experience with STEAM technology tools such as scratch, snap, 3D animation, AI, AR related online activities, different projects on Lego WeDo/SPIKE, Hands On (Non Gadgets) Science/Engg/Space, Makey Makey, Micro-Bit etc.
- Prior work experience on managing STEAM curriculum & registration process
- Enrolled in or completed a post-secondary degree in Education, Science, Engineering or a STEAM related field.
- Comfortable with the use of electronics, online conferencing tools such as ZOOM Video, computer software, hardware and various other technologies – or willingness to learn new stuff and promoting ideas.
About Job Description:
As INSPIRELY Education is growing, we are in need of passionate STEAM / Robotics Educator / Instructor / Coach who love to work with children age 6 to 15 years in remote virtual environment.
We are on mission of building platform of innovation for young children where you’ll do more than instruct. You will be a role model and foster an inclusive online class/camp environment where all students feel welcome. You will create a fun and collaborative learning experience that allows your students' visions to come to life.
We would like assistance with stream lining our STEAM education courses and execute innovative programs. We would like students to build innovative impactful lesson plan & conduct online classes.
We envision this internship / Co-op term will include learnings/work exposure on following, but not be limited to:
- You will plan, prepare and conduct online STEAM education classes (hands-on & digital technology based) on daily basis for children age 6 to 12 years.
- You will help refine our existing (and any new) project based well curated programs & tools, teach children essential skills of typing, computing & Internet safety, coding, robotics, 3D Animations, AI, machine learning projects etc.
- You will work on refining hands-on engineering projects, LEGO Education, engineering DIY, micro-controller/electronics, science based projects.
- Participate and host community events.
- You must be available to conduct online classes in weekdays evenings and mornings/afternoon of weekends.
- Assist in interaction with parents/guardians about our programs and registration.
- Help in maintain and improve course curriculum and offerings.
- Help prepare documentation and manage social media accounts.
- Maintain an inclusive, safe, fun and delightful learning experience for participating youth.
By the end of this co-op / internship, you would have mastered the skills of delivering online educations on premier STEAM topics.
Contract length: 4 months
Part-time hours: 15 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Salary: $12.00-$18.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
All our co-op, internship opportunities are remote (working from home). Location could be anywhere in Canada as long as you meet criteria & available for working in EST time zone.
- Online STEAM Subjects Teaching to Children Age 6 to 12 Years: 2 years (Required)
- AR/VR/AI/ML teaching experience : 2 years (Preferred)
- Science & Hands-on Projects teaching experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- STEAM Devices Like Makey Makesy, MicroBit, Arduino: 1 year (Preferred)
- Scratch Software Coding: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)