Managing HACCP and BRC Programs, ensuring that all aspects of existing programs and required documentation are current and updated, and meet all established regulations and legislative requirements set out by BRC, FDA and CFIA.
· Proactive in Establishing, maintaining, updating Standard Operating Procedures to ensure compliance with the maintenance of food quality and safety programs, addressing Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP’s), Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP’s), Environmental Monitoring, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), Allergens, and the Shipping/Receiving and Storage of raw materials, work-in-process and finished goods.
· Overseeing, verifying and identifying compliance with all established standard operating procedures and food safety protocols and adherence to required standards of practice by performing internal audits of existing procedures, critical control points and documentation to assure, track and resolve FSQMS compliance, and record any deviations, identify root causes for such, required corrective actions, and their subsequent compliance.
· Responsible for all aspects of the established Internal Audit Program, including NCR’s.
· Responsible for coordination and responses to audit enquiries by virtue of external audits conducted by food safety regulatory bodies and/or customers.
· Preparation of annual assessment of the perquisite, records and policies to ensure food safety and related programs are adhered to.
· Must have Preventative Controls Qualified Individual (“PCQI”) Certification to develop, manage and maintain Food Defence Plan as per FDA requirements and ensure its compliance.
· Reducing variation and optimizing quality of all products and recipes.
· Supporting role in the development of R&D and new product development. Directs the quality and product safety components of R&D-driven projects through quality planning, specifications development, and project oversight for compliance to good manufacturing practices (GMP’s) and other company/regulation policies and guidelines.
· Supportive role in health & safety program training and related initiatives.
· Supporting role in product launches for new and existing customers.
· Providing technical support and direction to the Production Manager to address system and procedures compliance, and related process improvements recommendations.
· Investigation of QA related matters arising from customer complaints, including conducting root cause analysis, setting the required corrective and preventative action, and communicating/coordinating with Sales Group.
· Establishing plant sanitation standards and sampling programs.
· Establishing an effective product sensory evaluation program.
· Continuous audit of finished product evaluation system and provide recommendations for product quality improvements.
· Development of training materials, monthly QA Corners, summary of internal assessments and audits and arrange, as required, training to senior Production staff on food safety and QA matters to maintain their high level of understanding of protocol and SOP required adherence.
· Ensuring that required staff training requirements are adhered to.
· Ensure a proper food safety culture, pursuant to BRC requirements.
· GFCO Management and ensure its compliance, including the completion of monthly finished products Gluten Free Analyses and preparation and submission of the required quarterly report to GFCO.
· Ensure labelling and ingredients compliance, including the maintenance of the ingredient and finished product lists.
· On-going shelf-life product evaluations.
· Generate Nutrition Fact Tables through Nutracoster.
· Ensure product formulations and production processes are fully validated to meet the stated claim on labels and packaging.
· Ensure adherence to the labelling program, including the completion of a regulatory check and approvals of the proofs of new product labels; verification of ingredient and allergen disclosure having regard to both product recipe and ingredient specifications; and consideration of appropriate legislative requirements in the country (countries) in which the products will be sold and consumed.
· Involved with approval process for new ingredients and packaging materials in addition to new suppliers of such products and ensure compliance with Kosher, FCID and GFCO requirements.
· Run trials for new product development ie. new, or changes to, recipes and product formulation in lab and through production, and oversee product quality troubleshooting.
· Maintain Food Chain ID management
· Liaison, when required with 3rd Party R&D facilities in developing and progressing the Vegan Muffin project, and other R&D projects as they come to fruition.
· Supportive role in R&D projects, with coordination with corporate management.
· Maintain USFOOD’s specifications in PLM.
· Coordination with the Sales Group regarding new product launches and coordination with customers, and specifically, with arrangements made to directly liaise with the customer’s team to develop product specifications, arrange trials and sampling regarding the execution of new product launches.
· Coordination of responses to customer inquires, as necessary, with the Sales Group.
· Interaction and communication with ingredient, packaging, sanitation chemical, tool, and other suppliers, in addition to service suppliers and contractors, such as in respect of scales, metal detectors, and pest control, with respect to compliance with established food safety requirements and standards. Issue supplier non-conformances as required and follow up with corrective actions.
· Overseeing pest control program
· Overseeing monthly Premises Audit and issue maintenance report as required and follow up on NC’s.
· Participate in OHS audits
· Perform mock recall exercise and mass balance.
· Maintain and monitor food traceability systems throughout the facility, including any system modifications and required supporting record keeping.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North York, ON M3N 1W5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Organization Operations & Administrative Occupations: 7 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person