Beaverbrook Group of Companies is a well-established real estate firm with an outstanding reputation in the Capital Region and Fort McMurray. The company values its employees and is committed to maintaining a positive and productive work environment. Senior management has carefully selected a team of individuals who work cohesively and are bright, energetic, professional, and passionate.
InHouse by Beaverbrook
Edmonton is diversifying its population base and becoming increasingly more cosmopolitan. As infill development has become more popular, InHouse is now a major player in building residential and mixed-use projects in Edmonton’s core. Current projects include MODA luxury townhomes in Edmonton and Sherwood Park, West Block Glenora, and CX Grandin in the Oliver neighbourhood downtown. West Block Glenora recently received CHBA Edmonton’s Awards of Excellence for both Best Apartment Building and Best Multi-Family Apartment over $325,000.
InHouse by Beaverbrook is hiring a Multi-Family Project Manager. This is a full-time permanent position.
**Preference will be given to candidates whose resume highlights 6+ years multi-family construction experience and project management experience**
On a day-to-day basis the Multi-Family Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the construction process on the project that they are assigned. The role is diverse and involves successful execution of project start up, maintenance and close out of each project. The core of the position includes managing safety, quality, risks, maximizing project earnings, personnel management, staff training, client expectations, accurate financial reporting, assuring timelines are met, and effective communication that fosters all relationships. Working with the Project Superintendent, the Project Manager will be responsible but not limited to the following:
Role and Responsibilities
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of multi-family projects including new townhouses and the remaining penthouse condominium interior completions on our West Block project. West Block role will require a regular on-site presence
- Provide performance status including cost forecasts, schedule updates and cash flow/profitability reporting
- Negotiate and issue subcontracts and major purchase orders and monitor their progress and schedule
- Work with vendors and head office to ensure timely and cost effective purchasing and payment for materials
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Supervise, coordinate, track and analyze man power and associated costs
- Work closely with site supervisors and project team to manage overall execution of each project
- Provide regular management of Key Project Indicators (KPI’s)
- Obtain permit and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Advise management of pending risk elements and seek assistance on all risk matters or legal matters.
- Ensure health and safety of all Beaverbrook employees, clients, trades and visitors to job sites and offices in a manner that is compliant with all applicable legislation regulations and corporate safety
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Engineering degree or certificate, building science or relevant field
- 6+ years, project management experience required
- 6+ years multi-family experience required
- Commercial construction experience an asset
- Construction field experience an asset
- PMP Certification is preferred but not required
- Proven experience leading project teams
- Class 5 Drivers License and own transportation
- Exceptional communication, organization, leadership and problem resolution skills
- Must be able to competently manage the construction process from project startup to project closeout for all sizes and levels of complexity projects.
- Ability to make decisions on a variety of levels of complexity, ambiguity and risk.
- Can identify, assess and mange risks while striving to meet objectives
- Can prevent, manage and resolve conflicts
- Networking and relationship building
- Analytical thinking
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including MS Project, Word and Excel
NOTE: This position requires minimum 40 hours per week and may be subject to flexible scheduling, including early morning, late night, and weekend work.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
We adhere to all guidelines as outlined by AB Chief Medical Officer of Health.
- Project Management: 6 years (Required)
- Multi-Family Construction: 6 years (Required)
- Commercial Construction (optional but beneficial): 1 year (Preferred)