Make a difference in your community by assisting first responders in supporting victims of crime and tragic circumstance through volunteering as a Crisis Responder.
Volunteer with Us!
LISTEN – SUPPORT – EMPOWER
Victim Services Bruce Grey Perth is now recruiting Volunteer Crisis Responders to assist police and emergency services in supporting Victims of crime and tragic circumstances
on-scene with short-term practical and emotional support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Are you 19 years of age?
- Do you have a valid driver’s license?
- Do you have a safe and reliable vehicle with auto insurance liability?
- Can you make a minimum commitment of 1 year of service with Victim Services?
All training is provided and consists of both in-class and online training. Volunteer shifts are flexible with opportunities available during the day, evening and weekends.
Responsibilities and Duties
OUR TEAMS OF TRAINED CRISIS RESPONDERS WILL:
- Provide emotional support including answering questions and providing information that helps lessen the impact of the crisis.
- Provide practical assistance as needed. This may include transportation and/or accompaniment to emergency services (i.e. a shelter or hospital), making phone calls upon request or other helpful tasks.
- Provide appropriate, and helpful information relevant to each circumstance.
- Provide referrals to services in the community for long term support.
- Assistance in identifying and gathering supports
- Educate and empower.
- Assistance in developing personal safety plans.
If you would like more information please call our Volunteer Coordinator at
519-271-9998 or apply at http://www.vsbgp.com/volunteer/application
Stratford Office: 544 Huron St, Stratford On
Job Type: Volunteer
- Stratford, ON (Preferred)
- Driver's Licence (Preferred)