Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Employee status: Temporary, Full time
Term length: June 10, 2019 – Oct 31st, 2019, with possibility of extension
Hours per week: 37.5
The Alma Mater Society (AMS) is the University of British Columbia’s (UBC) student society, and works to improve the academic, social and personal lives of the 56,000 UBC students at its Vancouver campus. The AMS also runs nine food and beverage outlets, a catering and conference operation, and the AMS Student Nest, providing on-campus employment opportunities and generating revenue that goes directly back into supporting the students at UBC.
This position is temporary, full time. The Human Resources Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support in all aspects of the Human Resources department at the AMS of UBC Vancouver.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Update, organize and maintain HR documents and files
- Participate in the planning or attendance of recruitment/job fairs as needed
- Provide support in the development and execution of training and development programs
- Provide support with the execution of new HRIS/Payroll system
- Conduct and administer small training sessions
- Work with the AMS mission statement and values to operate a successful department
- Other HR Projects and duties as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with the implementation of new HRIS/Payroll system is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of administration or human resources related experience is required
- Able to maintain confidentiality and establish a high level of trust and credibility while managing sensitive information.
- Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to work professionally in a confidential environment
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Must be organized with a strong attention to detail
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite software
- Ceridian Dayforce experience is an asset
Please submit a resume and cover letter. We are accepting applications until the position is filled.
Thank you for your interest at the AMS. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive at the AMS, we are only able to contact those we are interested in interviewing and cannot reply to email/phone/walk-in inquiries regarding application status.
The Alma Mater Society of UBC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite all qualified candidates to apply online with their resume and cover letter.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- HRIS Implementation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 1 year (Preferred)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)