About Our Client: Our client is a well-established yet growing company in the perishable goods space
The Chef will be responsible for providing an authentic farm-to-table culinary experience to their customers and owners. Additionally, the chef will be responsible for ensuring compliance with food safety regulations and managing the purchasing and inventory of ingredients. Strong leadership and communication skills, as well as a deep understanding of a variety of cuisines, are essential for this role.
The general hours of work will be 7am to 3pm, Monday to Friday in the Halton Hills facility and other local facilities. Weekends may be required on an ad hoc basis.
- Organize the preparation of food using proper food handling techniques. Handling common kitchen tools and equipment
- Purchase the ingredients required for the meal preparation
- Follow recipes and standard cooking techniques to prepare food. Follow proper portion sizes according to recipes
- Prepare meals for the Owners, Owners Family, Customers, staff on occasion, business meetings with other companies, meetings, etc.
- Know the nutritional value of each food item used in the kitchen
- Plan menus and order food in advance
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work area. Use products and equipment according to the safety, quality, hygiene and cleanliness rules and standards in effect
- Provide creative culinary expertise to customers.
- Develop recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to ensure consistent high quality and to minimize food costs
- Add value to the company’s service level by offering product versatility, menu development and creation of innovative products
- Clean all equipment and dishes used in meal preparation
- Other duties relevant to the position will be assigned as required
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- A proven record of exceeding customer expectations.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to cook a wide variety of cuisines
- Ability to create a wide variety of meal plans
Education and Experience:
- Experience in a fast-paced environment while leading a full kitchen team
- Experience monitoring prices set on a menu by overseeing and managing food ordering, inventory and supplies
- Experience creating and developing specialty menus
- 4+ years relevant cuisine experience
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location