A BETTER FUTURE
Everything begins with passion, a legacy from the Saputo family, which offered tasty and quality cheeses to its community. Today, after more than 65 years, the company employs thousands of dedicated employees, proud of their role, who work day after day to deliver quality products to customers and consumers.
Ensuring the well-being of our employees is our priority. We offer attractive working conditions and benefits to our employees and their families:
Advantageous corporate agreements
Full range of group insurance benefits
Group retirement pension plan with employer contribution
Purchase option of company stocks
Health and wellness program in the workplace
Assistance program for employees and their families
We support employment equity. Saputo strives to embed diversity and inclusion in its operations and invites candidates from all horizons to join its family.
SUMMARY OF TASKS:
Saputo Dairy Products is seeking an enthusiastic, driven, Distribution Supervisor to join our team. As a member of the Distribution team, this position is responsible for analyzing all aspects of the Distribution and Logistics operations in an efficient and effective manner and for development of system monitoring to ensure continuous improvement of procedures and practices within the Department.
- Maintain current knowledge of aspects pertaining to regional operational systems including, but not limited to, Transport, DSD, and Registered Distribution Operator (RDO) operations.
- Registered Distribution Operator (RDO) recruitment and long-term planning.
- Build and foster positive relationships with Registered Distribution Operator.
- Evaluate and improve efficiencies with the Registered Distribution Operator (RDO) network. Understand and apply Company policies and procedures in a firm, fair and consistent manner.
- Review of critical areas of the business affecting Registered Distribution Operator’s (RDO’s) on a daily basis.
- Monthly review of costs relative to budget; establish further action plans where necessary.
- Maintain high standard of ‘housekeeping’ and ‘cleanliness’ with all equipment.
- Ensure cost effective equipment inventory levels are maintained in accordance with Company policy and procedures.
- Review and evaluate route productivity and undertake action to enhance efficiency and effectiveness as required.
- Undertake proactive communication sessions with all departments on a regular basis.
- Leadership of personnel through proactive communications, involvement and participation, and individual feedback and appraisal.
- Ensure that all work is performed safely while following OH&S, WCB, Food Safety and other Company regulations and procedures.
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education required Logistics or related field.
- Previous experience in Distribution / Logistics of food products.
- Previous experience in supervising personnel.
- Flexible with work hours.
- Requires a broad understanding of Company operations, policies and procedures.
- Good computer and keyboarding skills; proficiency in MS-Word, Excel and Power point.
- Strong analytical, accuracy and organizational skills.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Highly self-motivated and self-initiative.
- Ability to travel within the province.
- Proficiency and dependability in current position.
- Demonstrated professionalism and integrity, superior communication, leadership and interpersonal skills, with an entrepreneurial approach.