The Glen Dimplex Americas organization operates in North, Central and South America. Focused on enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort creation. The organization’s portfolio of leading brands are strategically positioned to meet the market challenges of tomorrow by enhancing the moments that matter in life and in the environment.
The Dimplex brand focuses on innovation, inspired design and energy efficiency while the Cadet brand invites warmth and dependability at a value appreciated by its customers. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to fireplaces and controls. Dimplex also delivers on inspired design in the category of home furnishings with a complete line of mantels and media consoles.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
Responsible to the Chief Human Resources Officer for providing advice, direction and management to the development and execution of the corporate communications program ensuring consistency and alignment to the company’s business strategy. This role will lead the company’s employee and leadership communications to build a positive culture of transparency and two-way dialogue. The successful candidate will be a communications subject matter expert as well as a solutions-focused, curious and collaborative leader that thrives in fast-paced environments.
Who You Are
You have the ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external parties. You are highly organized and have a high attention to detail. You are comfortable working cross functionally with all levels in the organization. You are a self-starter with an ability to get things accomplished. You can juggle multiple projects and commitments in a fast-paced environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute the overall internal communications strategy to produce results that are aligned with business objectives.
- Clearly define organizational communications policies and processes, ensuring information is easily available to all team members and updated as necessary.
- Ensure standards are set and maintained across the organization when it comes to branded tools and templates.
- Develop an employee-first approach to the content, channels and experiences meant for employees, ensuring staff is informed, inspired and enabled in their daily jobs.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders across the leadership team and their functions to proactively identify opportunities for communications.
- Develop and leverage communications tools and platforms to measure outcomes and ensure plans are meeting the company's business objectives
- Lead on issues that may have a high impact on brand and company reputation.
- Champions change by partnering with business leaders and other internal departments to develop timely and appropriate communication and action plans.
- Develop and execute the Rewards and Recognition Program, Town Halls, and company newsletters
- Protect and enhance Glen Dimplex Amercias’ reputation through effective communications and integrated storytelling.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Have a post-secondary degree in Communications, Journalism or related field, and five (5) + years professional experience in internal/corporate/employee communications
- The successful candidate will be an advocate for change management
- Have the proven ability to create content and craft key messages related to employee/human resources matters
- Excellent writing and editing skills in a variety of formats, styles and media. Meticulous attention to detail, with an eye for grammar and consistency. Experience in employee and leadership communications
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and effectively handle changing priorities.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Tenacious, results driven leader who builds relationships and sees initiatives through to execution
- Ability to think creatively, generate opinions, build consensus, and execute
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now.
If you know of an individual who would thrive in our environment, refer them to us! For more information on our Referral Incentive Program please visit the Human Resources page of the Intranet Site.
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.