Coco Paving is a division of the Coco Group, a vertically integrated heavy civil infrastructure and development company with over 50 years of expertise.
Coco specializes in a wide range of heavy civil construction services and material products. In addition to the heavy civil construction company, Coco Group owns and operates a precast manufacturing facility (Co-Pipe Products), asphalt cement terminal and emulsion plant (Coco Asphalt Engineering), portable concrete batch plants, a number of pits, quarries and asphalt plants, residential construction business and golf course.
Since 1964, Coco Paving is proud to continue as a family owned and operated entity, successfully executing its vision, through on time and on budget execution and completion of its projects to the satisfaction of our customers.
We are currently seeking a student or recent graduate to work in our EDCO VivaNext Project office in Vaughan, Ontario.
Ideally, you are a current student or recent graduate from a college or university Civil Engineering or Construction Management program looking for a temporary opportunity to gain valuable experience.
Work period – September to December
Hours – Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
As a document/contract administrator, duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Log and file project documents
- Create efficiencies in document management by communicating across the different disciplines ensuring appropriate records are being generated
- Oversight of field records/documents production
- Interact with and use the projects electronic document management system
- Filing and organization of drawings and other documents onto a central server
- Date tracking of submissions and coordination with the relevant APM's
- Currently enrolled or recent graduate of Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering Technician/Technology or Construction Management Program
- Experience with creating a document control process for engineering or other technical functions
- Contract administration experience is an asset
- Must be extremely technical
- Experience working with a large volume of documents
- Experience with MTO projects is seen as an asset
- Strong organization skills
- Proficient with MS Word and Excel
What’s nice to have?
- Practical construction industry experience
If you’re a high energy, self-motivated individual who is willing to work hard in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment, we want to talk to you!
We thank you for your interest however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Temporary, Internship