We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced professional to join our Continuing Education team.
Ashton College is a post-secondary educational institution located in downtown Vancouver. Our mission is to offer outstanding career training programs and courses to both in-class and online students. Quality control and high standards are paramount to all aspects of our operations.
We are seeking an instructor to teach our Dyslexia and Orton Gillingham Approach Program course to be delivered LIVE online using our web conferencing platform.
Our instructors have a passion for their field or industry, as well as an eagerness to share their professional knowledge. If this sounds like you, you may want to consider teaching at Ashton College.
- Fluent in English
- Experience teaching online in LIVE webinar setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident, engaging, enthusiastic, and dynamic presenter.
- Experience creating and delivering instructional content as per curriculum, meeting learning objectives. Leading interactive lectures and discussions.
- Fostering interaction among students.
- Assigning and grading assignments when required.
- Providing students with resources and support
- Knowledge and training on the Dsylexia and Orton Gillingham Approach in an educational setting.
This is a part-time contract position. The length of each contract position is determined by the length of the course that the instructor is teaching.
Our instructors often highlight these as the top three benefits of teaching live online CE courses
- Interacting with energetic and committed students who are professionals in their field
- Collaborating and networking with other industry experts
- Participating in a community of dedicated professionals from around the world
If you would like to be considered for a CE Live Online teaching position, please send us your application along with the following information: Your name, telephone number, geographic location, and relevant credentials.
Part-time hours: 3 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Casual
Salary: $40.00-$50.00 per hour
- Are there any restrictions to your working availability?
- What are your salary expectations (hourly)?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- teaching: 1 year (preferred)