Toyotetsu Canada is searching for a high-performing Assistant Maintenance Manager to help maintain our facilities and equipment while improving our business performance. The successful individual will be responsible for controlling maintenance systems, overseeing repairs, preventive and predictive maintenance programs, and building a positive working environment in a high-pace Automotive setting.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Key participant in minimizing equipment downtime and implementing improvements to achieve desired results.
- Manage and guide Supervisors to schedule, train, and motivate Maintenance Team Members.
- Assist with job management board including following up on urgent items when required.
- Major emergency repair follow-up and support as required (on and off-shift).
- Implement and enforce Safety policies and practices for the department and outside contractors.
- Performs other duties by coordinating work with outside vendors and/or contractors, providing project management, ensuring safety of personnel, and performing other duties as required.
- Ensure efficient repairs, preventive and predictive maintenance activities are conducted in order to meet company Productivity targets.
- Prioritize maintenance and repair activities to facilities and equipment.
- Monitor and update maintenance operating procedures and other documents for department.
- Actively involved in departmental cost reduction improvements including idea generation and idea submissions.
- Manage department budget and maintain manufacturing assets and facility, assures parts inventory, monitor purchase orders, invoice approvals.
- Key participant in Maintenance working group with other plants and ensuring TTCA’s participation in activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key skills and Characteristics:
- Proven leadership, organizational and communication skills
- Experience developing interpersonal relationships between and with team members
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, specifications, schematics and technical manuals
- Understanding of urgency and ability to prioritize under pressure
- Robust understanding of: Engineering concepts, Hydraulics, Electrical and Electronics, Millwrighting and mechanical systems, Robotics, PLC’s, Automated welding and stamping processes.
- Ability to create and follow schedules, meet deadlines
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of budgeting process
- Excellent communication and coaching skills
- Proficient computer skills in spreadsheets, databases and word processing
- Self-motivated, results oriented
- At least 5 years management/supervisory experience in automotive manufacturing
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field, OR
- Licensed/Ticketed trade plus applicable experience
Salary contingent on experience and qualifications.
Our company subscribes to the operating philosophy of continuous growth and improvement, providing the best quality, value and service to our customers, encouraging mutual trust and respect through teamwork and focus on safety, our environment and our community.
Toyotetsu Canada Inc. welcomes applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent