Our valued client is currently seeking: *
Are you ready to make a difference? A healthy diet is essential for well-being, especially for seniors. If you enjoy food service, working in a collaborative environment and making a difference in the lives of seniors, then we want to speak to you!This very important position provides resident nutritional care under the direction and supervision of the Food and Nutrition Manager or delegate. The Dietary Aide works in a supportive and team-oriented environment following established governmental and facility guidelines. Come join our team and make a difference in the lives of seniors - you will be glad you did!
- Preparation and handling of some food items, under supervision in accordance with sanitary regulations.
- Familiar with the operation and care of dietary equipment.
- Understands and practices principles of hygiene and safe food handling as a means of minimizing the risk of contamination of food, preparation and service areas.
- Utilizes proper procedure for handling all dishware and utensils to minimize breakage and enhance cleanliness.
- Adheres to policies and procedures in effect within the Home.
- Maintains a good attendance record.
- Undertakes and completes all assigned tasks within established time frames in a competent manner.
- Completes dietary audits as required.
- May be responsible for tray service, including appropriate set up and delivery of same.
- Assists with food service at mealtimes, adhering to therapeutic diet menu, data base and seating plans.
- Preparation of nourishments.
- Ensures that immediate work area is maintained according to established policy and procedure.
- Assists in the set up and clearing of dining areas and trays.
- Completes cleaning as assigned per shift routine and cleaning schedule and documentation of same.
- May be responsible for storage of food items returned to the kitchen, following policy and procedure.
- Assist as requested in receiving and storing dietary deliveries.
- Familiar with the daily operations of the dietary department, as established in the departmental manual.
- Reports dietary concerns to Food and Nutrition Manager or delegate for follow up.
- Attends scheduled in-services and meetings as required.
- Recognizes safety hazards and promotes a safe environment for residents and staff by following an established policy and procedure and reporting hazardous situations in a timely fashion.
- Review of communication book and posted memos.
- Adherence to established dress code.
- Flexibility to changes in shift routine to accommodate provision of quality care.
- May provide guidance to Student Dietary Aide.
- May assist or participate in committees and meetings as assigned.
- Food Handler Certification ( or willingness to get online)
- Food Service Worker Certificate or at least be willing to enroll.
- Team player, able to accept direction and stay on task
- Ability to read and write effectively in the English language
- Responsible and punctual
- Experience in food service is considered an asset
- The successful candidate will require a current Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Competitive compensation package has been designed to attract star performers
Job Type: Part-time
- Food Handler Certification (Preferred)
- food service worker (Required)