- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Computer Training and demonstrated skills in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Minimum of one (1) year related administrative experience
- Previous experience with staff scheduling programs/systems
- Date entry experience
- Experience in Health Care an asset, experience in Home Care preferred
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Demonstrated flexibility to facilitate changes in techniques and procedures
- Province of Manitoba Class 5 Drivers License, and access to a personal vehicle to provide service within Prairie Mountain Health
- Ability to display independent judgment
- Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
- Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
- Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis
Working within an interdisciplinary team, the Home Care Scheduling Clerk III is responsible for the scheduling and assigning of appropriate Home Care Direct Service Workers/Direct Service Nurses to meet client needs. The Scheduling Clerk is also responsible for the completion of required administrative functions related to service implementation, scheduling, timekeeping and mileage reports.
- Maintains individual employee Procura schedules.
- Responds to service requests and change in service notices from the Case Coordinator and or Direct Service Nurse within two working days, and identifies appropriate resources available for assignment.
- Processes service requests according to priority through consultation with Case Coordinator and/or Direct Service Nurse.
- Provides assigned workers with assignment information, specific duties, day, hours, and frequency etc.
- Notifies assigned Direct Service Worker/ Direct Service Nurse of resumption and termination of service.
- Maintains Home Care client information in accordance with established guidelines.
- Completes Procura timekeeping responsibilities using Procura best practice.
- Adheres to PHIA and FIPPA legislation.
- Documents any concerns and refers them to appropriate Supervisor/Manager.
- Must have a working knowledge of all applicable Collective Agreements.
- Responds to calls from staff members (DSW and/or DSN).
- Refers any issues related to employee performance to appropriate Coordinator or Manager to address.
- Seeks consultation with Manager or designate appropriately and identifies learning needs as they arise.
- Works within scope of the position.
- Sundry duties as assigned.
Oct 06, 2023 4:00 PM
Anticipated shift length:
7.25 hour shifts
As per collective agreement
Home Care Program
Location / Home Base:
HR Posting Number:
Sep 29, 2023