Oncidium is a well-established Canadian organization with over 20 years’ experience in occupational health and disability management. Our focus is on a delivery system that is caring, effective and evidence-based. Our team consists of occupational health nurses, physicians, psychologists, ergonomists, kinesiologists, mental health professionals, case managers, and paralegals who are all supported by people and processes that strive for high quality results and excellent customer service. Oncidium offers: flexible working hours; work from home options; a robust employee benefits plan; wellness benefits; and events and activities throughout the year.
The role of the Disability Case Manager is to manage a caseload of regular and complex short-term disability cases, alongside a team. This unique position plans, conducts, documents and evaluates all activities and decisions in the absence process by providing overall case management consulting to ensure a high level of support to the client and their employee.
- Provides recommendations, ongoing support and guidance to the employee and client throughout their employee’s STD absence;
- Develops a full understanding of the employee’s STD absence, including all contributing factors, barriers and abilities;
- Follows defined processes coupled with the ability to adopt a case by case approach to case management while meeting expected service level agreements;
- Gathers and shares information for assessment purposes and to ensure proactive case management; maintains regular ongoing contact and promotes a professional client relationship;
- Identifies any physical and non-physical barriers for a successful return to work and engages appropriate support when required;
- Collaborates within the lines of business to ensure successful resolution of issues which may pose a barrier for return to work planning (workplace, personal, and compliance issues);
- Helps determine appropriate accommodations during a gradual return to work and provides support during the planning process;
- Ensures the eligible Employee’s seamless transition to Long Term Disability.
- Minimum 10 years of disability case management, complex case management, and return to work experience;
- Degree from an accredited college or university in Health Management, Psychology, Kinesiology or related discipline preferred;
- Certified Disability Case Management Professional (CDMP) or Certified Return to Work Coordinator (CRTWC) designation an asset;
- Bilingualism in English and French an asset;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and an ability to work with all levels of the business;
- A confident team player with the ability to take initiative and handle difficult situations in a fast paced environment with multiple time sensitive priorities; excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, organizational and decision making skills;
- A strong team player with solid interpersonal and analytical skills;
- Acts with a high degree of professionalism with all levels; displays exceptional customer service skills;
- Must have excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office products and strong keyboarding ability.
Oncidium values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Oncidium is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. We aim to strive at diversity therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of visible minority and persons with a disability.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent