We are looking for a motivated and energetic individual to join our team as a Software Developer. The successful applicant will join a fun and challenging multi-disciplinary group, that is passionate about supporting our customers by developing and supporting software. This role will focus on solving customer issues by working on both new features and bugs as part of an Agile delivery team. A passion for solving difficult problems & customers first attitude is a must. Strong software development and interpersonal skills are required.
Founded in 2003, Absorb Software is a learning technology company, headquartered in Calgary, with offices in Boston, Dublin, London, and Sydney.
Absorb LMS is our award-winning, flagship product for businesses and higher education institutes around the world.
You might not know what a learning management system is, but you’ve probably used one; maybe for a safety course or corporate policy video. Now imagine it’s awesome —not snooze-worthy— and you’re starting to get the idea!
We're a team of savvy professionals channeling our youthful spirit into industry-leading technology. As a diverse group of talented people from all walks of life, we're about as far from "corporate" as it gets. We believe in a fun, open and modern work environment with benefits and initiatives that have us ranked as one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers. Sounds like a place you’d want to work, right?
Why work at Absorb Software:
All the perks:
- Work life balance
- Paid vacation
- RRSP matching/ Pension plan
- Casual dress code
- Work from home (one day a week, every week)
- Volunteering opportunities
- Multicultural work environment
- Career progression/internal mobility opportunities
- Games room
- Professional development plans
- Weekly snacks/fruits/beverages
- Employer paid benefits: health, dental and vision
- Company/team building events
- Paid lunch hour
Our office is located inside the Atlantic Avenue Art Block, directly above Bite Groceteria and Café Gravity. Located in the vibrant community of Inglewood, an historic area home to many restaurants, shops and art & culture venues. Just minutes away from downtown Calgary but able to skip the downtown traffic.
- Work in an Agile (Scrum/Kanban) environment and be involved in all technical activities within the team such as estimating, sprint planning, software development life cycle activities, code reviews, research, deployments and documentation creation.
- Work on features, bugs and production system investigations as part of an Agile team
- Solve Database (SQL Server) Performance Issues.
- Ensure software deliverables align with the technical architecture, development standards and quality practices
- Assist in building and executing integrated unit tests for all code modules
- Develop well documented, intent-revealing code
- Participate in peer review activities
- Create a learning environment through collaboration, shared knowledge, and leadership.
- Mentor peers and less experienced software developers regarding design, programming approaches, application knowledge and technical product knowledge
- Familiarity of Agile (Scrum/Kanban) practices and concepts
- Familiarity of a Micro Service Architecture
- Strong knowledge of C#, Web API, REST
- Experience in writing, analysing, and tuning well performing TSQL queries.
- Experience with Object Relational Mappers such as Entity Framework or Dapper
- Solid Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) skills
- Able to write clean, well factored code based on S.O.L.I.D. principles
- Experience with writing unit tests
Nice to haves
- Experience with testing frameworks such as NUnit, or xUnit
- Familiarity with testing libraries such as Moq, Rhino Mock, xBehave
- Experience writing component tests, and integration tests
- Experience with Apex and/or Lightning development in Salesforce
- A university degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum 4 years of related industry experience
- Passion for improving the customer experience
- Self-motivated and driven to meet long term goals
- Ability to independently manage time to meet project deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with other team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can operate under tight deadlines
Applicants must be able to show proof of their eligibility to work in Canada and for Absorb Software Inc.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- full stack software development: 1 year (Preferred)