About Red River Co-op:
We have deep roots in our community. 80 years deep. And through the years we have proven our commitment to our members by making their priorities our priorities. We donate regularly to a wide range of organizations, feature local products prominently, and most importantly – give back to our members through profit sharing. We look to the past to inform our present core values.
But in this rapidly changing world, our roots ground us so that we can keep apace and innovate. We have grown from one standalone Gas Bar in downtown Winnipeg to an ever-expanding co-operative with over 30 Gas Bar locations, six Food Stores, and one standalone Pharmacy. And we just keep growing as we develop fresh, modern ways to deliver premium products with extraordinary customer service.
Red River Co-op is recruiting for the position of Front-End Manager at our Stonewall Food Store - located at 420 Main Street in Stonewall. This position reports to the Store Manager.
Essential responsibilities of the Front-End Manager include but are not limited to the following:
- Deliver leadership and assistance to front-line staff with a particular focus on our cashiers;
- Schedule staff in accordance with Manitoba employment standards and Red River Co-op policies;
- Lead and coach employees to deliver legendary customer experiences;
- Live the brand, making our staff and customers feel at home;
- Ensure proper cash handling procedures are followed;
- Take a lead role in ensuring Health and Safety standards are adhered to;
- Ensure the proper selection, training, and development of store employees, with support from other management colleagues; and
- Maximize employee and customer engagement through effective people practices.
A full responsibility list will be provided to candidates selected for interviews.
Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years retail experience and must have performed at a high level. You will have sound knowledge of department financial operations, and you possess above average communication / interpersonal skills. You will display your special skill of motivating staff to achieve high results. A solid understanding of computer applications, including Microsoft Office is required. The position ideally requires a post-secondary education.
Red River Co-op offers a competitive salary and benefits package including matched pension contributions and staff profit sharing. Advancement opportunities abound in the Co-operative Retailing System, and we encourage ongoing professional development along with 100% reimbursement for post-secondary course work.
More than a workplace, Red River Co-op offers the chance to join a community. Our We Care Crew regularly volunteers for a number of local organizations including Siloam Mission and Winnipeg Harvest. We continually seek ways to give back to the people that form our very foundation.
If you share our commitment to community combined with a fresh, innovative vision for our future, we look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
- retail: 2 years (Required)