- Sets up and cleans-up of developmental level Chemistry 083 (advanced/grade 11) and Biology 083 and 093 (provincial/grade 12) labs
- Prepares mixtures for Chemistry 083
- Assists students as needed during lab sessions
- Monitors supplies for UUP Science labs
- Works under instructor’s direction
- Ensures students adhere to lab safety procedures
This position will work at the Abbotsford and Chilliwack campuses.
- A minimum of 45 post-secondary credits, preferably in the Bachelor of Science program, or related discipline
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in a post-secondary Science lab with experience preparing mixtures for labs. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Completion of University level Biology and/or Chemistry courses that include labs is preferred
- Past safety instruction and knowledge as would be found in University level Science labs
- Experience assisting fellow students in a UFV department, preferred
The University of the Fraser Valley is located on the unceded (ancestral) territory of the Halq'eméylem-speaking peoples. We express our gratitude and respect for the honour of living and working in S’olh Temexw (Our World; Our Land). In all that we do, UFV strives to support and honour the Stó: lo peoples goals of self-determination and well-being on these lands. A commitment to Indigenization and Reconciliation is core to our institutional Vision and our Education Plan. This commitment includes the goal of centering Indigenous ways of knowing throughout our organization, recognizing our responsibilities to community, and a multi-year plan to increase the number of Indigenous faculty, staff, and administrators working at UFV.
UFV has four campus locations within the beautiful Fraser Valley in British Columbia. Recognized as one of BC's top employers, UFV offers a combination of career and lifestyle benefits. Join a team of 1,400 passionate professionals who value integrity, inclusivity and excellence. At UFV, you will serve a vibrant community, and shape the future of 15,000 students.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. In an effort to be both environmentally and fiscally responsible, UFV will contact only candidates receiving an interview. We thank all applicants for considering UFV for employment. Shortlisted applicants may be required to undergo a criminal record check and/ or a verification of their education credentials.
UFV is committed to the principle of equity in employment.