Amada, a global leader in the machine tool business, is currently seeking a Technical Consultant specializing in software, and offers a competitive compensation package with benefits. Our ideal candidate has some formal training and/or experience in IT/IIOT/ERP or MRP and is interested in applying their knowledge and skills in a manufacturing environment.
The successful candidate will become an expert in Amada’s CAD/CAM software supporting our customers. Will lead our IIOT software deployment demonstrating, preparing quotes, installing and supporting customers. The applicant must be willing to work flexible hours when necessary to keep customers software and related equipment running and provide our customers with the high quality service that they expect and deserve. Must have a passport and be willing to travel to service our customers and for training.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Install Amada’s software products and troubleshoot issues working with customers’ IT departments.
· Demonstrate software and equipment as required.
· Design and program demonstration parts to show the relevant features of the equipment and software that would be attractive to current and potential customers.
· Conduct software and machine time-studies, feasibility studies and create related documents showing potential benefits of the entire proposed solution over the customer’s current environment.
· Provide IT and AV support for our Technical Centre demonstrations, shows, and online demos and webinars.
· Participate in public show events including planning, preparation, presentations and demonstrations of equipment and/or software.
· Train customers on Amada software.
· Recommend appropriate solutions to the Sales department based on the application.
· Educate Sales department staff on the features and benefits of our products and solutions.
· Learn new software, machinery and technologies as needed.
· Apply basic applications and product knowledge of all Amada products.
· Support Amada staff on IT issues as required.
· Training and/or experience in IT/IIOT/ERP
· Excellent English communication skills
· Possess excellent customer service skills
· SQL experience (asset)
· Bilingual(French) (asset)
· Manufacturing / Fabrication experience (asset)
· 3d/2d CAD experience (asset)
· CAD/CAM training/programming experience (asset)
· Self-motivated and able to work independently
· Team player
· Able to work with MS Office applications
· Valid Canadian driver’s license (class G) and passport
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Amada Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.
If you require any reasonable accommodation please contact us. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- IT Training: 1 year (preferred)
- IT: 1 year (preferred)
- Software Support: 1 year (preferred)
- Driver's License (required)
- Passport (required)