BUDTENDER JOB OVERVIEW
As the first point of contact for our guest, our budtenders will set the tone in delivering a world class guest experience in our stores through engagement, industry expertise and authentic relationship building. Not only are you an ambassador of our brand but also a leader in cannabis legalization though out Canada. You will play a critical role in the successful daily operations of our stores and in positively impacting and de-stigmatizing adult use cannabis within our communities.
WHAT YOU DO
· Exemplify our brand Mission and Values in everyday interaction with store guests and fellow team members.
· Continually promote our brand and be a positive representative of cannabis industry. · Create an engaging and welcoming environment within the store and cultivate meaningful relationships through trust and rapport with our guests to drive return business.
· Be accountable in providing accurate and relevant product knowledge for our guest and seek continual learnings in this area both formally and informally.
· Educate guests and meet them “where they are” by propelling our Service Standards. Learn about our guest by using open-ended questions to assess their knowledge and provide information on cannabis strains, consumption methods, responsible use, and what product guests need to best experience their purchase.
· Partner with the leadership team to maintain a welcoming atmosphere and experience for team members and guests while upholding Federal and Provincial compliance to the highest standard.
· Be a brand ambassador in the communities which we operate in. Provide feedback and learnings to your General Manager that will help build our brand stance and elevate our guest services.
· Accountable to supporting in the upkeep of all safely and security standards in our retail space, for our guest and our fellow team members
. · Act as a socially responsible vendor of cannabis in the communities we conduct our business in by providing education, expertise, passion and promoting responsible adult cannabis use.
· Support in the upkeep and cleanliness of our space in a way that propels our brand and standards.
· Ensure efficiency and accuracy in all cash desk management operations that uphold our loss prevention, provincial and federal standards.
· Communicate to your management team any opportunities with product inventory (sell through’s/discrepancies) and participate in inventory management task has needed. · Follow all security guidelines set forth by Retail Leadership Team.
· Comply and maintain all required training and certifications required by Provincial and Federal law.
· Maintain confidentiality of all proprietary information, including financial summaries and internal employee materials.
HOW YOU DO IT
- PEOPLE GUIDING PRINCIPLES*
· People First: We value the unique strengths our team members bring to our stores, allowing us to provide best in class Guest experiences.
· We are a Team: A team is more powerful and valuable than any one individual. We come together to work toward common goals. Each team member contributes collaboratively and helps to build an environment where everyone feels welcome. Together we create a kind, compassionate space that enhances our work experience.
· Value Performance: To be the best, you need the best team. We know that recognition for strong performance motivates teams to strive for better results. Together we work toward higher expectations when we regularly recognize and reward our shining stars.
· Be an Entrepreneur: We encourage innovative ways of thinking. We create a collaborative space that invites team members to share their ideas and make a difference.
· Inspire & Motivate: Each team member brings strength to inspire others and motivate each other to strive for their personal best.
· Agile: We are nimble and adaptive to our new and ever-changing industry, to our guests, and to the world around us. Change can be hard – we get that. We help each other understand why and how change is happening, and what we need to do to thrive.
· We share Knowledge
· We operate with Integrity always
· We show Care to our team members’ and Guests' needs. We make the cannabis experience Inclusive
· We provide Legitimacy through our responsible and safe product offering
PILLARS OF GUEST EXPERIENCE
· PRESSENCE: Our passion for people and cannabis culture is at the heart of what we do. We stay present with each guest; understanding their personal needs and provide education to assist them in having the best cannabis experience
· ENGAGEMENT: Our guests and people bring our brand to life. We engage with our guests to build genuine, emotional relationships so they choose us again and again.
· CURATE: We have created an inclusive and beautiful space with every detail considered. Our most valuable feature is our educated team. We curate each guest’s experience to better learn about their needs and exceed their expectations
· VALUE: We value the decision guests have made in choosing us for the Cannabis journey. We value our guests’ time and decision to choose us and provide an experience that is personal and meaningful to them.
· EXCEED: We create a lasting positive impression with our guest and build loyalty. Exceed expectations to build memorable relationship within our store and our communities.
STEP OF SERVICE
· RECEIVE: Our goal is to build long lasting relationships with our Guests and community, and it all starts with the RECIEVE. To achieve this, we want to create a warm and inviting environment from the moment they enter our space. We know validating ID’s can be uncomfortable for Guests, so its our job to make them feel as natural as possible, so let that personality shine!
· NAVIGATE: To support our guests in providing a seamless transition from our Concierge Desk its important to help identify who our Guest is. Spend time connecting with our guests and learn who they are and what brings them into our stores. We want to help NAVIGATE their journey to pair them with the right type of service that best matches their purpose
· CONNECT: Every interaction with our Guest is a chance to CONNECT. Once they have entered our lounge, we must ensure they feel supported and welcomed. Here, we want to begin building those genuine and trusting relationship so Guest know they can rely on us to help them through their Cannabis journey.
· DISCOVER: Only when we truly DISCOVER what our Guests goals are, can we provide them with an exceptional first-class experience. During this step it is crucial to actively listen to our guest and ask open ended and engaging questions to identify how to best match their needs and wants. Its all about finding the right product.
· JOURNEY: We are the subject matter experts in the industry and believe that it is what make us stand out to our Guests and communities. Our job lead the guest through their JOURNEY by providing the best education that we can offer. Each guest should leave our space with new learnings that have help support their decision in the products that they have purchased.
· GUIDE: By always keeping the needs of our Guest in mind we now we want to focus on how we can best GUIDE their journey. Effective suggestive selling start with understanding how products best benefit the wants of our Guest. From there, we begin closing the sale, validating their purchase and providing any last-minute education they may need to make they’re at home experience the best it can be.
· FINAL DESTINATION: We are here for our Guests and communities so the support we give them at their FINAL DESTINATIONis just as important as the time they have spent in our space. Keep building that relationship once they have left and invite them back to share their experience with us. Not only does it help us better ourselves but also elevates our ability to serve that Guest the next time they need us!
If you feel that you are qualified and a good fit for this position, we would love to hear from you! Please send your RESUME and COVER LETTER in response to this post. We will only be contacting those who will be interviewed. Thank you!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.00-$17.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Store discount
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
We follow all Toronto Public Health guidelines in store including pre-screening for all employees.
- customer service: 2 years (required)