Content Writer: Media and Online
Freelance Position: 20-25 hours a week
Based out of Oakville, Ontario, Marigold PR is the nation’s top PR firm for cannabis brands. We provide all communications and PR services such as media relations, event coordination, influencer programs, and community management.
We’re seeking a motivated content writer to join our account team on a part-time/freelance basis. This role would consist of a mix of time in our Oakville office and remote work.
You’re a media writer with agency experience that’s comfortable working in both traditional and online. You have mastered the press release and you love leveraging social media to drive awareness for brands. You care about the quality of your stories but can work to publish quickly when required. You understand how to write in different brand tones for different clients. You’re flexible enough to work evenings or weekends if that’s what the story requires. You leverage data and information to drive decision making. You have an interest in the exciting cannabis industry.
What you’ll do
- Research and write communications materials including press releases and announcements, articles, story pitches, strategic positioning, backgrounders, bios, and presentations etc.
- Support our clients with social media presence and regular activity
- Edit, fact check and proofread communications content and materials.
- Manage digital projects, including content, newsletters, special projects, social media
- Use analytics and SEO tools to plan content, ensuring audience interest, brand integrity and consistency across print, social media, newsletter, and video
- Report regularly on results
- A minimum of 5 years as a writer with a degree in journalismand a minimum of 3 years agency experience
- Strong media writing capabilities including press releases, media pitches etc.
- Understanding and expertise in writing online content including website copy, blogs, client communications, social media, brochures, etc.
- Strong understanding of social media and emerging digital tools for reporting and storytelling
- Strong understanding of SEO tools and digital analytics
- Exceptional interviewing and storytelling skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Candidates will be asked to share writing and editorial examples including:
- Media releases, features, blogs and social posts
- Content and editorial calendars
- Email blasts, newsletters or whitepapers
- Media and social media reporting and insights
Please respond with a cover letter and rates.
Job Types: Part-time, Freelance
- writing for media: 5 years (Preferred)
- agency: 3 years (Preferred)