Norquest Industries Inc. is a progressive and innovative Machine Shop based in Edmonton. We serve a variety of industries throughout Canada and around the world. Our manufacturing capacity includes High Production, Complex Machining, Controlled Cycle, and Manual Machining capabilities.
We are currently seeking high quality CNC Programming Machinists with a proven track record of excellent efficiency and accuracy.
Shift Vacancies: Day/Afternoon/Weekend Shift
Day Shift Hours: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm, Monday - Friday
Afternoon Shift Hours: 3:20 pm - 1:50 am, Monday - Thursday. 10% Shift Premium
Weekend Shift Hours: 6:00 am - 6:00 pm, Friday - Sunday. 21% Shift Premium
Comprehensive Company Benefits!
- 100% Company Paid Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- RRSP/TFSA Matching Program
- 25% Tool Reimbursement Program
- $400.00 HSE Annual Allowance
Goals and Key Result Areas:
- To manufacture parts in accordance with supplied drawings and standards.
- To Program CNC Machines as required.
- To Set-up CNC Machines efficiently and in a safe manner.
- To Operate CNC Machines efficiently and in a safe manner.
- To accurately measure parts and to affect a high level of Quality Control on
- all parts manufactured.
- Continually strive for run/setup time improvements.
- Meet or exceed required production levels.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
- To program and prove out a new program and obtain first off part.
- To set-up machines with a program and obtain first off part using either
- existing set up sheets, routings or direction from a Cell Support or
- Adjust offsets within machine tools to produce sizes within drawing
- Look for and put forward suggestions for productivity improvements.
- Show and use a high level of initiative in solving machining problems.
- Perform daily maintenance and cleaning of machine tools and work area.
- Record quantities produced accurately.
- Keep track of any identification numbers associated with manufactured parts.
- Keep track of the total number of parts required, the amount produced at any
- given time, and the amount of material available for remaining parts.
- Maintain accurate records of dimensions from parts produced when required
- 100 percent of all measurable dimensions
- Comply with all HSE, QMS and Corporate policies at Norquest.
- Performs other duties as assigned by a Cell Support or Supervisor.
- To Train/Mentor setter/operator positions within the department.
- Mazak Turning Centre (Live Tooling preferred)
- Ability to measure parts using suitable measuring instruments to a high
- degree of accuracy.
- Knowledge and/or experience of adjusting offsets to produce parts to
- drawing sizes and tolerances
- Reasonable degree of numeracy and literacy – minimum grade 10 high school
- Team player, good ability to get along well with co-workers
- Excellent time management skills.
- Willing to train the right candidate
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $24.00 to $40.00 /hour
- Edmonton, AB (Preferred)
- English (Required)