Position Title: Process Control Engineer
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Position Location: Carberry
Grade: Grade 04
Requisition ID: 26236
The Process Control Engineer is responsible for making the production process as efficient and standardized as possible. The role also serves as a functional lead and will be instrumental in leading the Process Optimization initiatives. This position also assists in the effective management of the plant's sanitation program, HACCP, recall program, external audits and food safety compliance, and acts as Carberry liaison for all Technical, R&D, and Innovation interactions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Serves as functional lead for process optimization using statistical data, including performing design of experiments on the production line and the development of functional process control models.
- Lead training efforts in the application of statistical methods in Design of Experiments (DOE) and Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Assist in the development and execution of Process Control training programs to ensure proper training of all Quality personnel.
- Continuous Improvement Projects and development tools to improve processes
- Direct activities of employees engaged in inspection and testing to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Perform studies on measurement systems (MSA) to ensure proper calibration protocols are in place and actions are taken when calibration systems fail.
- Monitor products and processes for conformance to standards, assists in prompt and thorough investigation when product safety may be compromised and minimize the amount of nonstandard/held product.
- Develop process control implementation packages for roll out of formula recipe management.
- Play an active role on potato group quality management teams to include SPC.
- Work with other factories of global process control to incorporate best practices into the plant procedures.
- Lend technical assistance as required to production, maintenance and sanitation personnel.
- Liaison between corporate R&D team and plant management to ensure efficient hand over of new product development, PST's, and Product Optimization.
- Assist in the adaptation of new products and new process procedures to production routine.
- Lead BOP's (Best Operating Practices) for safety, quality, cost and delivery on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with Safety, Health, and Quality staff to ensure sites manufacturing processes are safely designed, audited and operated in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Assist in initiation and implementation of the preparation of new or revised product specifications, process parameters, and procedures.
- Liaise with Sanitation personnel and assist where applicable in the setting of sanitation targets and objectives that compliment company policies and goals.
- Assist with the introduction of new processes or equipment.
- Directly supervise all Process Control employees. Provide training, coaching, discipline, recognition, and leadership as appropriate.
- Ensure that all employees consistently follow safety policies and practices, and promptly address safety issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in Food Science, Engineering or a related field
- 3-5 years' experience in frozen food manufacturing operations
- 3-5 years' experience Quality experience in food processing
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate technical knowledge with production activities
- Proficient use of statistical methods
- Knowledge of root cause analysis tools to be used on mechanical and processing issues
- Must have working knowledge of food safety and sanitation principles and practices, computer systems, and production processes and equipment used in the food industry
- Prior experience in capital projects is an asset
- Advanced computer skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; ability to foster positive working relationships
- Strong aptitude for numbers and analyzing information, attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- A self-starter with ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent problem solving and coaching abilities
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong communication, influencing and conflict management skills
- Ability to communicate a vision that is clear and inspiring
- Understands how to use various methods and tools to engage the organization to ensure commitment to change
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate work in a team environment and to build and maintain collaborative partnerships across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with respect and sensitivity for diversity
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Engineering & Technical; Manufacturing
Division: NA Potato Manufacturing
Department: Carberry Production- Processing B
Location(s): CA - Canada : Manitoba : Carberry || CA - Canada : Manitoba : Portage la Prairie || CA - Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg
Company: McCain Foods (Canada)