Salary range: The salary range for this position is CAD $30.87 - $44.37 / hour Why Fraser Health?:
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations, and is home to six Métis Chartered Communities.
Our team of nearly 45,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care. Learn more.
We hire great people for outstanding jobs. We are looking for an Executive Administrative Assistant to provide support to the VP, Digital Patient & Provider Experience as well as the VP, Communications & Public Affairs. We need your help to expand the ability to deliver prompt and professional service. Your enthusiasm will assist you when connecting with external and internal clients as the primary point of contact for your Director and Managers.
Come work with us!
Fraser Health is proudly recognized as a BC Top Employer. Joining our team offers you opportunities to work in a rapidly growing organization with health professionals who are excellent in their respective fields, career growth and advancement, a competitive compensation package (including four weeks of vacation to start, comprehensive health benefits, and pension plan), and the rewarding opportunity to make a difference every single day in health care.
Effective October 26, 2021 all staff for all positions across health care in British Columbia are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and there are no exceptions.
Fraser Health values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring and Trust. Fraser Health’s hiring practices aspire to ensure all individuals are treated in an inclusive, equitable, and culturally safe manner.
Connect with us!
Connect with us on our Careers social channels where you’ll learn about exciting opportunities, get career tips from our recruiters, and meet some of your future team members! You can also visit us on Indeed and Glassdoor.
Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | TikTok
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
Provides confidential administrative support to one or more Vice President(s). Provides an administrative link between the Vice President(s) between Fraser Health and the public.
Provides a full range of administrative support through the preparation of documents and presentation materials. Screens and responds to inquiries and correspondence on behalf of the Vice President(s). Ascertains priorities and arranges and commits time for meetings and other events
Works within a team environment providing support and, where required, work direction to others.
- Provides confidential administrative support to the Vice President(s) ensuring discretion and confidentiality maintained.
- Coordinates administrative support through participation on the support team and by providing work direction as required.
- Develops and implements processes, procedures and supports required; identifies issues and develops recommendations for administrative processes.
- Reviews emails, correspondence and reports, responds to or prepares overviews such as Briefing Documents or summary/status reports for review by the Vice President(s).
- Forwards emails, correspondence or enquiries to appropriate individuals. Maintains follow-up for status of action.
- Drafts correspondence for signature by Vice President, or replies directly to inquiries on administrative or routine issues.
- Creates presentation material for review by Vice President.
- Assess, priorities and commits Vice President for attendance at meetings and other venues.
- Prepares meeting agendas, minutes and maintain follow-up on action and bring forward items. Attends meetings as required. Arranges meetings and venues as required.
- Maintains databases and registers, updates manuals.
- Establishes record management processes, sets up and maintains filing systems. Conducts searches and researches information for reports or requests from Vice President.
- Reviews, processes and monitors expenditures and operating budgets. Summarizes information and prepares status reports.
- Assists with support functions that include Executive Secretarial and Reception functions.
- Provides work direction and support to Executive Support Team.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Successful completion of Grade 12 plus graduation from a recognized administrative assistant or secretarial program and five (5) to seven (7) years recent related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Demonstrates the leadership practices of the Fraser Health Leadership Framework of Clear, Caring and Courageous and creates the conditions for people to succeed.
- Ability to type 60 w.p.m.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and apply a variety of software applications.