What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.
DHL Express is committed to maintaining an environment that empowers every team member to make the greatest possible impact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our global communities. DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their professional and personal lives.
Start YOUR career with DHL today…
DHL Express has an opening for Courier Drivers at our Hamilton, ON location. This is your chance to become an International Specialist in the timely pick-up and delivery of customer materials and shipments. Your amazing delivery abilities will enable our customers to grow their Global Business! Join us and help us achieve our mission of Excellence Simply delivered by having a best day, every day.
In this courier position, you will be responsible to:
- Use GCA scanner for all required activities on the daily route; all scanable waybills, laser waybills, shippers own bar-coded labels must be scanned.
- Delivery of all assigned material in the route area, within requirements of customer and DHL.
- Pick up of assigned customer pick-ups within the specific guidelines of the Customer and DHL.
- Determine if a customer has a valid account prior to delivery or pick-up.
- Compile and submit accurate route records on a daily basis.
- Inform DHL of any route irregularities and significant competitor activity.
What is In It for You?
- Comprehensive benefits package including both Dental and Medical
- Employee Discounts and Perks
- Paid Vacation
Here is what we need from you:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Valid G License
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- High School Education.
- Proven Customer Service skills.
- Able to lift up to 70 lbs unassisted
Note: This role includes variability in shift start/finish timings based on job location. Shift timings and scheduled days of work may change from time to time based on business requirements; therefore, flexibility in your schedule is a job requirement. Uniforms will be provided.
All candidates are required to pass a criminal history check, & provide a clean driver's abstract in order to qualify for the role.
Part-time hours: 0-40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: From $19.86 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have any family members currently working at DHL? If yes please indicate name and location.
- Have you worked at DHL before in the past?
- Are you currently working at an organization providing logistics/shipping services? If yes, will you continue to work at this current location if offered a job with DHL Express? Please indicate your current position and the company name.
- delivery driver: 1 year (preferred)
- Class G Licence (preferred)