Under the supervision of the Manager, Total Rewards, will assist in the design, administration, and communication of the Total Rewards programs. The person in this role will partner with business leaders, developing a deep understanding of the business model and strategy, talent objectives and total reward practices. They will support the job evaluation program and act as a subject matter expert for all Total Reward Programs. The Senior Total Rewards Lead role demonstrates our commitment to the Team Member Experience by providing integral services and support to our communities and their teams.
As a Senior Total Rewards Lead, your typical day will impact the following ways:
- Work on the implementation and roll out of the compensation, Salary Planning and Benefits Life Events modules in Ultimate Software.
- Assist in the design, development and execution of the all Total Reward plans and programs including, pay policy and structure, salary planning, short term and long term incentive plans, benefit renewals, benefit costing and changes.
- Conducts market/ custom surveys submissions and data extraction to ensure internal equity and external competitiveness. Makes salary, incentive, benefit and policy recommendations based on the data results and consolidation of all salary and benefit results.
- Monitors and analyzes market competitiveness and cost-effectiveness of the company Total Reward Programs.
- Provides expert consultation, guidance and support to HR Business Partners, People team and key stakeholder to influence and educate on Total Reward programs, variable pay, job evaluations, pay equity, rewards and recognition, benefits and RRPS plans.
- Designs and builds reports and tools to forecast and analyze analytics and compensation and benefits costing.
- Ensures compliance with our total rewards strategy, policies and practices and make recommendations.
- Assists and support the daily activities of 2 Benefits Administrators and researches answers to questions related to plan design, data feed issues or errors and day to day questions that need further research.
- Evaluate positions at all levels of the organization utilizing external market data and internal position comparisons to make salary structure and salary recommendations.
- Supports the development of benefits plan design recommendations, using available data to identify trends, and understanding benefits landscape.
- Review and audit the benefit feed data for multiple carrier systems.
- Works closely with all insurance carriers and Consultants on benefit renewals, benefit costings, quarterly reviews and annual benefit renewals. Responds to employee inquiries pertaining to their group insurance plans.
- Administer the Disability program by being the main point of contact for employees and external partners with respect to STD, LTD & WSIB claims.
- College Degree in Business or Human Resources Management or related field an asset, or equivalent experience.
- Certification in related discipline, Canadian Compensation Professional (CCP) and Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) designation is preferred.
- Minimum 4 - 5 years’ experience in a Total Rewards role.
- Strong knowledge of theory, principles and practices of total rewards, compensation, pay structure design and development, short term / long term incentive programs.
- Experience administering a large number of different benefit plans in a multi-unionized or public sector environment. Interpretation of provincial legislation, labour laws and collective agreements.
- Working knowledge of group benefits principles and experience with group benefits administration.
- Previous experience in the Health Care and Long Term Care sector or the Service industry is considered an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of HRIS systems, experience with Ultimate Software is an asset
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g. - nested IF statements, v-lookups and pivot tables) required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and analytical skills with ability to exercise a high attention to detail.