Our growing law firm is looking for a receptionist and intake office clerk. This is a position for someone looking to establish a career working in a law office — if work is merely a means to a paycheck for you, then read no further.
This position will have you serve as the voice and image of our firm. You are the first person that visitors and employees see when they enter our office. The following characteristics apply to you:
- Warmth, professionalism, sincerity and a welcoming attitude come naturally to you whether speaking to our clients or other lawyers on the phone or greeting them in our office.
- You strive to be graceful under pressure when handling the occasional flurry of unexpected high volume of activity.
- You impress our clients with your competence as well as your ability to sympathize with their situation.
- You are tech savvy and confident handling computer and phone systems.
- You are highly organized, detail oriented and able to carefully and meticulously follow directions
This position requires flexibility in handling day-to-day tasks as they arise. You should expect to be asked to:
- Greet and assist onsite guests with a positive, helpful attitude, providing them a professional welcome;
- Handle a high volume of calls, screening and directing calls to the appropriate persons;
- Develop and implement organized filing systems;
- Enter data, including placing notes into the firm client management system;
- Organize and maintain documents in a paper or electronic filing systems;
- Utilize case management software;
- Call clients, witnesses, lawyers, and outside vendors for scheduling purposes;
- Provide general office support and assistance to complete miscellaneous projects as needed;
- Complete copying/scanning/filing/faxing;
- Schedule meeting rooms, ensuring that each conference room has the necessary supplies, beverages, video conferencing etc. prior to the meetings;
- Provide light housekeeping duties, maintaining an organized work space and reception area;
- Monitor whereabouts of lawyers and staff to appropriately handle telephone calls, visitors with questions;
- Sort and distribute mail; and
- Assist with supply ordering and organization.
Although we will be primarily hiring a person that we believe possesses the attitude and mindset that fits with our firm's core values, the following requirements and experiences are valued:
- You are proficient with using Office 365, G Suite by Google and Dropbox.
- You have previous success and experience interacting with customers or clients in a customer service industry.
Advancement and long-term success in our office requires you to be able to write letters and prepare documents without making spelling or grammatical errors. For that reason, please submit a cover letter with your application expressing your interest and career goals and plans.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who enjoys interacting with clients and understands that our definition of success requires more than just showing up for work on time and completing assigned tasks. We want to work with someone that can understand what needs to be done without specifically being told what to do. The phrase "that's not my job" is prohibited in our office.
We reward talent and initiative. If you have what it takes, we offer promotions, training opportunities and performance bonuses that are directly tied to both your efforts and the success of the office.
We are a law firm expanding our operations and are looking for outstanding individuals to join our team. We are located just west of downtown Edmonton in the trendy 124 St. district. In addition to a general corporate/commercial practice, we practice real estate, wills / estates, litigation, construction, and municipal law.
We believe in what we do and are committed to delivering results. This means delivering high quality work and only working with great clients that will benefit from our expertise. We know that if someone is hiring lawyer, they have something serious and important happening in their life - we take this seriously.
Our commitment is to provide a quality of service that reflects the serious and important reasons a client needs a lawyer. We do not cut corners and make sure we focus the time and effort required to properly represent our clients.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $36,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
- Clerical: 1 year (Preferred)
- Receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)