Applus+ is a global leader in the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector delivering non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services to the aerospace, power, and, oil and gas industries. We are a trusted partner who enhances the quality and safety of our clients’ assets and infrastructures while safeguarding their operations. We deliver this through our technical capabilities, innovative approach, and our motivated team who are committed to operational excellence.
Applus+ has achieved a significant global presence and a leading position in its target markets and regions. As a result, our teams have expanded with 19,000 professionals across the world, attracting the very best talent in the industry.
We are currently searching for a Nuclear Operations Manager to join our team in Walkerton, ON. The Nuclear Operations Manager is responsible for the leadership and operational direction of the Operations team in the Bruce County area with the goal of ensuring customer and employee satisfaction, compliance with quality and safety standards, profitable operations, and continued business development.
Due to the nature of this position there will be on-call and overtime requirements.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Supervising and directing daily operations, including the scheduling of personnel, the allocation of equipment/vehicles, and generally all logistics relative to project coordination.
- Actively promoting and proactively modeling the company’s focus on safety when interacting with all employees, clients, and the general public.
- Overseeing all aspects of personnel management such as but not limited to recruitment, forecasting, training, mentoring, and assignment of technicians through use of planning schedules.
- Ensuring all equipment and vehicles are maintained according to company policy and manufacturer’s specifications, including proper and timely calibrations.
- Assisting in forecasting, budgeting, and cost management activities.
- Reviewing daily time tickets, technical reports, weekly payroll entry, and pro forma invoices for completeness and accuracy.
- Ensuring compliance with company and client HSE processes and procedures, including but not limited to timely reporting and correction of potential hazards, near misses, and incidents.
- Leading and coaching regional staff, including applying performance improvement and disciplinary processes, to support high performance, employee development, and succession planning in the region.
- Overseeing the overall technical quality assurance processes for the region, including the development and approval of technical procedures.
- Maintaining client relations and meeting with customer representatives on a regular basis to receive feedback, address concerns, and identify potential development opportunities.
- Assisting in contract management, including preparation of bid proposals, quotations, and contract reviews.
- Constantly reviewing and improving internal operations and project management processes to achieve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Staying updated on industry and technological trends, identifying opportunities, and developing proposals for improvements or adjustments to Applus RTD services.
- Building relationships with key business partners in other operating regions and support service departments, ensuring cooperation and collaboration among all the groups.
- Adhering to organizational policies and procedures, including but not limited to Applus RTD Code of Ethics and Confidentiality Agreements; and ensuring all organizational policies are adopted and complied within the region.
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency in MS Office products, specifically Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Highly effective leadership and supervisory skills that keep people motivated, productive, and engaged.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize, solve problems, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Excellent customer service focus, ability to quickly build strong working relationships with business partners, clients, and colleagues.
Education and Work Experience:
- 10+ years of related industry experience with a strong client service and project management background.
- Previous supervisory experience in industrial environments.
- Strong understanding of budgeting, forecasting, and job costing processes.
- Fundamental understanding of industry codes, regulations, and standard practices is preferred.
- Required to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid and dry/arid conditions in temperature extremes and inclement weather.
- Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials in various working environments.
- Commonly exposed to walking on slippery or uneven surfaces.
- Occasionally required to work in noisy/loud working environments especially on project sites.
- Required to work overtime during the week and weekend depending on project scope and work volume.
- Occasional to frequent travel will be required within Canada.
- Working conditions will vary between project locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervisory: 10 years (Preferred)
- Operations Management: 10 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 10 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Walkerton, ON (Required)