We are seeking a Google Cloud Engineer to monitor, deploy, improve and troubleshoot our social media platform application on Google cloud. The selected candidate will also be able to shape the future of our social media platform by providing their input and use their initiative to implement new features as well as propose changes they seem necessary for the success of the application.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for planning, configuring, operating, fine-tuning performance and troubleshooting in order to improve the performance of the front-end iOS and Android mobile applications as well as the website for an already in-use Google Cloud mobile application.
Our HQ and workplace is located near Kipling Station and a laptop will be provided in case of emergencies.
We offer a competitive salary which will be discussed depending upon experience. Interview will be done via Zoom and work will start locally once the Covid-19 pandemic situation has been resolved.
Candidates who can provide links to previously completed work as well as references will have a higher chance of getting hired.
- Detect and troubleshoot website and/or mobile application issues caused by back-end code or Google Cloud configuration,
- Plan, configure, deploy, operate, improve and troubleshoot the cloud solution,
· Configure access and security,
· Ensure performance standards by configuring auto-scaling to meet varying load requirements,
· Deliver proof of concepts for new solutions on cloud,
· Work directly with the CIO and CTO,
- Perform stress tests if necessary, to find weak points,
- Provide input on the future of the platform,
· Good written/oral communication, presentation and interactive skills,
· Works well under pressure and meets deadlines,
· Flexible to work either independently or within a team,
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application that is dependent on Google Cloud,
- Identify and correct bottlenecks or potential issues,
- Comfortable using programming languages and relational databases,
- At least 2 years of experience working and hosting an application on GCP using Compute Engine, App Engine, Cloud SQL, Kubernetes Engine, Cloud Storage, Firebase
- Good understanding of cloud design considerations and limitations and it’s impact on pricing,
- Networking principles and protocols such as IP subnetting, routing, firewall rules, virtual private cloud, load balancing, cloud DNS, cloud CDN, etc,
- Proficient in a modern scripting language (preferably Python) for automation of build tasks,
- Knowledge of application monitoring using Google Stackdriver,
- Prior experience working with: container technology such as Docker, version control systems (Github, BitBucket, Gitlab, etc.) and collaboration systems (Trello, Slack, etc.),
- Google Cloud Certified candidates preferred,
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills,
- Ability to code using Xcode, Ionic, Cordova, Angular 7, TypeScript, JDK, SDK knowledge, Android Studio a huge bonus,
This job will give the opportunity to get in from the ground level with a very high possibility of long-term employment with many benefits.
Industry: Computers and Electronics
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Bonus scheme
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $28,841.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Google Cloud: 1 year (Required)
- Compute Engine: 1 year (Preferred)
- Firebase: 1 year (Preferred)