Full-time position + company provided benefits
Who is Keilhauer?
Founded in 1981, Keilhauer is a privately owned, design focused contract furniture manufacturer. Keilhauer manufacturers seating and tables for all the different ways that people work. Keilhauer products are thoughtfully made to support communications and engagement in spaces such as meeting rooms, offices, collaboration areas, lobbies and lunchrooms. Working with world-renowned furniture designers, Keilhauer is internationally recognized for award-winning design, built with extreme craftsmanship, to the highest environmental standards.
As an integral member of a production cell, the Assembler assembles products in order to meet the production demand and maintain Keilhauer’s commitment to quality. Tools used include air powered tools, staple guns, screwdrivers and pliers. This role requires efficient and accurate attention to product quality during all assembly activities, following all safety protocols and workplace policies. Extensive on-the-job training is required to become proficient in all product models.
This position is best suited to a dedicated team player who takes pride in providing quality work. Teamwork and communication are critical to your success. You enjoy putting your skills to use to create beautiful finished products, and strive to perform all tasks to the highest standards. Keilhauer depends on your expertise to serve our customers by meeting the demands of a busy production schedule and delivering high quality product in a timely manner.
1. Assembles products safely and according to instructions.
- Reads and understands the job header;
- Learns all the steps necessary to assemble the product, including any special instructions (MSQs);
- Follows instructions for each product, including the safe use of required tools;
- Assembles parts and fittings into sub-assemblies and installs using air, electric and hand tools;
- Validates that parts fit together tightly to ensure a quality product;
- Adjusts, repairs, and re-works parts and assemblies to ensure proper operation;
- Assists new/temporary employees with understanding tasks;
- Contributes as a reliable and effective team member within and across cells.
2. Performs all tasks in keeping with Keilhauer’s safety and quality standards
- Understands the importance of high quality work in all areas, and performs quality checks on assembled parts;
- Reports any incidence of non-conformance or unacceptable quality on materials and components;
- Maintains company equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly manner; informs cell leader of issues;
- Follows all company and OSHA Safety regulations; works in a safe manner and uses personal protective equipment as instructed; reinforces housekeeping and Keilhauer’s core values.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing facility an asset;
- Completion of high school or training/education from a vocational/trade school is an asset;
- General knowledge of hand tools and their use;
- Rework skills and mechanical aptitude is a must.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL AND INTELLECTUAL REQUIREMENTS
Communication: Must be able to read and write in English; must be able to speak English or communicate in American Sign Language (ASL); must work well with others and communicate effectively.
Mobility: Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time on a cement floor; may be required to perform work function at either Keilhauer location; frequent reaching, bending, squatting and stooping required.
Manual Dexterity & Coordination: Must have the strength, dexterity and coordination to regularly lift, grip and pull up to 30 lbs; use hands, wrists and fingers to manipulate various production pieces; grip and use hand and air tools, including pneumatic stapler, screwdrivers and pliers.
Vision: Must have good visual acuity to select correct components and observe and test for quality.
Cognitive Ability: Must have the ability to read and interpret work guidelines, safety instructions and operating manuals; must possess general knowledge of hand and air tools; must have the ability to learn new skills; must use common sense and be able to carry out written and/or oral instructions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee spends 100% of their time in the production plant environment, where they may be exposed to airborne dust particles and noise. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and able to work with minimal supervision;
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment, as required (ex. ear plugs, safety shoes);
- Must maintain a sense of urgency under tight deadlines;
- May be required to work at either Keilhauer location; helps with other functional areas as the need arises;
- Willing to participate in training relevant to the position or industry;
- May occasionally be required to work overtime to meet business needs.
Keilhauer is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive, respectful environment for all employees. Keilhauer is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities where possible.
Please send your resume by email or by fax to (416) 759-5723 and tell us how you would be a great fit.
1450 Birchmount Road, Toronto ON Canada M1P2E3
We thank you for your interest, and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Scarborough, ON (Preferred)