The Linguistic Services Unit of SNB provides language testing services to the public, non-governmental organizations and government departments. Currently, the process for clients to apply for language testing is paper-based. Data entry is the responsibility of internal staff and 3 separate business applications are used to manage the testing process from end-to-end.
The purpose of this statement of work is to secure a resource to help in the design and implementation of a technology solution that will enable clients to request language testing, schedule and pay for their tests, and view the results of their language tests, as well as enable the Linguistic Services staff to manage the administration of tests. This will create efficiencies for the Linguistic Services Unit, provide clients with self-service capabilities, and realize time savings for both the client/participant and SNB staff while aligning with the Digital New Brunswick Strategy.
The Linguistic Services application will combine concepts of agile development, anytime/anywhere, secure information sharing and empowering citizens to access their government services online. This project will create a new digital service while developing and testing innovative new methods to continuously improve our ability to quickly provide the new or improved services that GNB’s citizens need in the digital format that they expect.
Aside from developing a new service, a secondary goal is to develop, demonstrate and refine the capacity within SNB to quickly develop mobile-responsive, client-centric applications by delivering a reusable and expandable reference architecture and implementation of an ASP.Net MVC application. Agile methods will be adopted and honed while we start to develop a roles and responsibilities framework for support.
This project will support and be a step towards, the objectives of the Digital New Brunswick Strategy to support and enable citizen and business-centric provision of public services in the most efficient and effective manner using digital technologies.
Work Location and Travel
The successful candidate is required onsite the duration of the engagement with SNB in in Brookside Place, Fredericton, NB. SNB will provide office space with access to pertinent information and resources for the duration of the engagement.
The successful candidate must deliver the following in order to successfully complete the engagement:
- Support the user experience/interface design of the Linguistic Services application
- Support the system analysis, design, development, implementation, integration and configuration of the Linguistic Services solution;
- Adhere to design principles and information standards from the Strategy, Planning & Solution Services Group;
- Ensure that secure application design and coding requirements are being met for ongoing release maintenance and support;
- Complete all assigned design and development tasks
- Support ongoing performance improvements of the Linguistic Services applications when required.
- Deliver a secure and adaptable ASP.Net MVC project template/reference architecture to be used by future SNB applications
- Work as the senior developer on an agile team to deliver a production-ready working implementation of the Linguistic Services Application leveraging the ASP.Net MVC project template, as well as a foundational ASP.Net MVC project template.
- The individual will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement and complete the Department’s Privacy Training prior to commencing the assignment
Job Type: Contract