Guest Services Agent
We are currently looking for a Guest Services Agent! The primary responsibility of the Guest Service Agent is to provide our hotel guests with a positive first and last impression, as well as provide them with exceptional service.
What We Offer
- Work with like-minded team members who are passionate about their work and keep things fun, every day!
- Working with a reputable brand and being part of Silver Hotel Group, a company committed to ensuring a culture of respect, appreciation, and fun (among other things of course)!
- A fast-paced environment in an exciting industry, where you get the chance to meet people from all over the world. It’s a good place to be right now!
- Education Reimbursement for you (and your children!)
- Annual Wellness Credit
- Team Member Referral Program
- Leadership Development
- Team Building Events
- Culture of Recognition Program
- Hotel Stay Discounts
Reporting to the Guest Services Manager, the Guest Service Agent will:
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times with guests and team members;
- Comply with all company standards and brand standards, if applicable;
- Interact with all guests during check-in and check-out procedure;
- Create and cancel reservations as required, handle check-in and check-outs;
- Greet all incoming and outgoing calls in a professional and timely manner;
- Review logbook, and emails daily and complete all tasks on the checklist;
- Maintain proper operation of Front Desk telephones, be familiar with daily sell rates;
- Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift with hotel standards;
- Work closely and maintain proper communication with all hotel departments;
- Handle guest registration and room assignments, accommodating special requests whenever possible;
- Handle guest check-ins/check-outs in accordance with hotel credit/cash handling policies in an efficient and friendly manner;
- Resolve customer complaints; assist customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, in-house events, directions, local attractions, check cashing, gift shop, safety boxes etc.;
- Perform other duties assigned by the Supervisor or department manager.
What We are Looking for...
- Customer Service experience, preferably in a Hotel Front Desk position;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential;
- Computer literate in Word and Excel. Maestro's or Opera experience is an asset;
- Results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well in a busy and demanding environment;
- A self-motivated individual with the ability to problem solve, initiate action, and complete projects in a timely manner with minimal supervision;
- Must be friendly, energetic, enthusiastic, and self-motivated, with a professional appearance;
- Available to work days, evenings, weekends, and/or holidays as required;
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
Radisson Blu is centrally located in Toronto, just a 5 minute from Rogers Centre and 6 minutes by foot to Ripley's Aquarium Canada. The hotel has amazing views of the CN tower and Lake Toronto, where you can climb aboard a Water Taxi and head over to Toronto Island. The Hotel provides a place to reach all the fun destinations that Toronto has to offer and if you are traveling by plane from Billy Bishop Airport, we are only 5 minutes down the way. Famous for our outdoor pool in the summer the hotel provides all the creature comforts your home away from home offers.
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S. and ranges from internationally branded full and select-service hotels to independent and boutique hotels. At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, and Recognition. As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention. Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 905-362-9503. The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by law.