IMMEDIATE OPENINGS: APPRENTICE OR JOURNEYMAN Glaziers - non-ticketed Glaziers accepted.
As part of the site team, you are responsible for the installation of custom-unitized curtain wall, storefront systems, doors, skylights, and window wall systems. All while adhering to and promoting corporate safety policies.
Job duties (training provided):
- Communicate with lead-hand, co-workers, and supervisors
- Operate site equipment such as cranes, zoom booms, and other lifts
- Load and unload curtain wall systems and supplies
- Read blueprints
- Installation of curtainwall systems, doors, skylights, and storefront systems
- Inspect systems for quality control
- Site superintendents' coordinate all activities onsite, supervise and organize staff tasks
- Adhere to all site safety requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Completion of Glazier Apprenticeship program, Journeyman Red Seal Glazier Certification, Apprentice Glaziers. Unitized curtainwall installation experience preferred.
The following would be considered an asset: WHMIS, Fall Protection, Forklift Certification, Zoom Boom Certification.
Essential Knowledge & Skills: Highly organized, good verbal and written communication skills. Efficient time management skills. Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy. Strong work ethic and positive team attitude. Able to read blueprints and shop drawings.
Outdoors in all temperatures, working at heights, safety sensitive work sites. Physically demanding: heavy lifting, standing, bending, kneeling. Work site – Construction which requires full PPE: hard hats, CSA steel toed boots, safety glasses/goggles, high viz,
RELATIONSHIPS: Ability to build good rapport with both internal and external stakeholders including, but not limited to: Clients, other sub-trades, site project coordinators / managers, production coordinators, site foreman and superintendent.
CONFIDENTIALITY: Adhere to the Company’s confidentiality agreement.
TEAM WORK: Each individual must have the ability to adapt and support the needs of the dynamic working environment in the field - each employee is a member of a single team with a unified strategy working towards the same goal.
Inland Glass & Aluminum Ltd has several large projects in the Vancouver, BC area.
· Competitive industry salary to be negotiated based on experience.
· Wage based on qualifications and position: $25.00 - $45.00 per hour
· Health and Dental Benefits after eligibility period of 300 hours
· Employee Assistance Program
· RRSP Matching Program after one year employment
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00-$40.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Glazier: 1 year (required)
- Curtainwall Installation: 1 year (preferred)
- Glazier Ticket (preferred)