The Personal Support Worker Provides personal care services to clients and assists clients with the activities of daily living as described in the care plan.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide personal care service according to directions on the established care plan or assignment sheet, and ensure that, on an ongoing basis, the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent.
- Provide personal care that is within the provincial scope of practice for a Personal Support Worker; duties may include skin care, hair care, mouth care, bathing, bowel and bladder care, positioning and movement, exercise, basic wound care, feeding including special diets, and assistance with oxygen administration and medication reminder.
- Perform specialized, client specific procedures for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated.
- Observe and document client conditions according to company standards; report unusual events or changes in the client’s condition to the immediate Supervisor or to the Office
- Complete other tasks as requested.
Graduation from an accredited Personal Support Worker Program.
One year of recent personal care experience in a similar position or life experience in which similar duties were completed.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in either English and/or French. Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team, able to travel locally from assignment to assignment.