Everest Clinical Research ("Everest") is a full-service contract research organization (CRO) providing a broad range of expertise-based clinical research services to worldwide pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries. We serve some of the best-known companies and work with many of the most advanced drugs, biologics, and medical devices in development today.
Everest has been an independent CRO since 2004 with a strong foundation as a statistical and data management center of excellence. Building on this foundation, Everest has successfully developed and established itself as a full-service CRO. Operating primarily in North America, with headquarters located in Markham (Greater Toronto Area), Ontario, Canada and an office in Little Falls (Greater New York City Area), New Jersey, USA, Everest is known in the industry for its high quality deliverables, superior customer service, and flexibility in meeting clients’ needs. A dynamic organization with an entrepreneurial origin, Everest continues to experience exceptional growth and great success.
Quality is our backbone, customer-focus is our tradition, flexibility is our strength...that’s us…that’s Everest.
To drive continued success in this exciting clinical research field, we are seeking committed, enthusiastic, and details-oriented individual with exceptional communication skills to join our winning team as a Receptionist/Clinical Research Assistant. No previous relevant experience is necessary but the successful applicant will have a strong focus on customer service, high quality work, with a desire to advance their career.
In our fast-paced and dynamic organization, your position will be to provide reception and office management support at the Everest Markham office (Everest Headquarters). This position is responsible for managing and servicing a busy office reception area, supporting employees with administrative requests around the office, welcoming and managing esteemed visitors, acting as a communications liaison to both internal and external audiences, maintaining clean and tidy office spaces, and participating in the organization of office social and people events. This role may also support the performance of clinical research related support tasks such as data management checks, preparation of meeting materials, and other technical work where appropriate.
For an individual looking to grow their career and enter into the clinical research field, this is a great opportunity to build your personal brand and potentially be considered for another appropriate clinical research-related role within Everest after 1.5 years in this administrative role. For an individual who enjoys growing in an administrative capacity, this role can enable progression into an office administration or executive assistance role.
1. Managing all incoming calls to the company general phone line including screening and directing calls, taking messages while ensuring knowledge of staff movements in and out of the office
2. Greeting and directing of employees, visitors, and office vendors.
3. Ensuring the cleanliness and tidiness of Everest office spaces, including managing the stocking, ordering and tidying of office supplies and orders, including stationery and beverages.
4. Preparing and distributing correspondence. Sending and receiving mail and courier deliveries.
5. Ad hoc administrative support to executives.
6. Provide administrative support to employees, including directing employees to office resources, reviewing office procedures, and supporting the set up new employees during onboarding process.
7. Preparing Microsoft Office Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations for support tasks, as needed.
8. Acting as a communications liaison for office-related news to employees.
9. Acting as a liaison between Everest and building management support to maintain office facilities.
10. Helping to organize employee events/celebrations, and overall office social and people initiatives.
11. Coordinate logistics for client visits, conferences, employee workshops and activities, lunch meetings, including travel arrangements as required.
12. Ad hoc research assistant support to the clinical trial project teams which may include such activities as performing data entry and processing activities for assigned projects, performing data quality control procedures during the trial and additional database closure checks at the end of the study etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. A university graduate with a Bachelor’s degree.
2. Highly professional, motivated and committed individual with excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
3. Previous office experience is an asset
4. A positive, can-do attitude and customer-focused approach.
5. A professional appearance, with ability to deal effectively and courteously with all staff, customers and general public.
6. Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
7. Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines.
8. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
9. Knowledge of clinical trials and phases of drug development is an asset.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To find out more about Everest Clinical Research Services Inc. and to review other opportunities please visit our corporate website at www.ecrscorp.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)