Fresh on Spadina (147 Spadina Ave, Toronto, ON M5V 2L7)
Since our launch almost 30 years ago, we’ve made it our mission to prove that a plant-based diet can be satisfying, energizing, and undeniably delicious. Every day, our talented and dedicated staff share their passion and positive energy with our community to bring the quality you know and love to our plates.
Being a part of the Fresh team means more than just being an employee, it means becoming part of the Fresh community – a place where you can be authentically you and surround yourself with a team that is welcoming, inclusive and fun.
Fresh recognizes that our front of house staff is an integral part of our team. Reporting to the Service Manager, a Server is responsible for increasing customer satisfaction by placing and serving orders accurately in our busy restaurants. The ideal candidate would be an energetic, personable, team player who can communicate clearly while working in a fast-paced environment with great attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
Fresh Kitchen + Juice Bar values resilience, accountability, and inclusivity. Our culture of trust allows our employees to find satisfaction in working hard as a fun, diverse team, with ample room to grow. Our employees are motivated by the positive brand and continuous career growth. We offer:
- Increased compensation – Paid breaks and tips
- Discounted meals during work and outside of work hours, including 20% off at participating Recipe brands and other exclusive retail discounts
- Employee Health Plan – Available after one month, includes coverage for vision, dental, massage, mental health resources, employee assistance program and more
- Growth & learning opportunities – Consistent training on various topics to support continuous career development into positions of leadership
- Casual & inclusive environment – Warm, friendly and welcoming workplace for everyone to be their authentic self
- Flexible hours
- Open and flexible availability from 8 AM to 12 AM, including evenings and weekends
- Able to complete physically demanding tasks – standing for long periods, lifting 50 lbs, bending and reaching, etc.
- Comfortable with handling a knife and cleaning solutions
- Experience working in a kitchen, restaurant, or fast food chain (bonus)
- Completes a quality check before serving each dish and drink
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station as you go
- Provides customer satisfaction by assisting guests quickly and professionally
- Increases revenue by suggesting specials and using product knowledge
- Memories menu items and ingredients to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Staying up to date on menu and product knowledge by attending FOH staff meetings, completing learning modules and reviewing material provided by management
- Articulates product knowledge clearly to coworkers
- Ensures a smooth service by being resourceful when problems arise
- Emphasizes the safety and sanitation of the FOH area, ensuring the space is clean, organized and welcoming to guests
- Understands the importance of food safety, steps of service and achieving Fresh standards
- Adheres to outlined health and safety procedures
- Communicates openly with management about concerns regarding workflow and escalations
Fresh strives to further challenge and disrupt the status quo to become a champion of diversity, inclusion, equity and anti-oppression. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization through inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and work environments. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds and encourage applications from individuals who identify as Indigenous, Black, persons of colour, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. We are pleased to provide accommodations at any point to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable application process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be kept confidential.
- Apply with your most up to date resume in PDF format. It’s suggested you include your current contact information and your full employment history.
- Check your spam and junk folders to ensure no communications for an interview, phone screen etc are lost.
- Know your availability such as the day or week you’d be able to start working.