McKeil Marine is one of Canada’s leading marine service providers. Experienced and adaptive, we deliver turn-key solutions that support our customers’ success in a wide range of transportation and project challenges. Customer service, safety, quality and respect for the environment are at the heart of our operations. Manned by highly skilled sailing crew, our ever-growing diverse and versatile fleet of tankers, bulkers, tugs, barges and workboats, operate throughout the Great Lakes, St. Lawrence River, east coast and Canadian Arctic.
- Our crew enjoy regular, day for day schedules with minimal disruptions - you can plan your time at home!
- Competitive wages and comprehensive group benefits program
- Concierge style Company paid and arranged travel to and from vessels
- Our crew matter - at McKeil it feels like family
- We sail safe - your safety is our top priority
- Certificate upgrade programs and incentives
- Company paid training
- Generous referral bonus program
McKeil Marine Limited has immediate openings for Third Mates aboard our Tankers on a permanent full-time basis. We are looking for eager and self-starting individuals responsible for the navigation of the ship.
- Responsible for the safe keeping of navigational watch
- Maintenance and upkeep of the hull, decks, superstructures, and towing gear
- Ensuring that lifesaving and firefighting equipment is properly inspected and maintained
- Update planned maintenance system
- As safety officer, ensure all safety equipment is operating as required
- Comply with all company policies and procedures and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for carrying out regular inspections
- Other duties assigned
- Watchkeeing Mate Near Coastal Certificate issued by Transport Canada
- Oil and Chemical Tanker Familiarization
- Marine Emergency Duties (MED’s) STCW Basic Safety and Survival Craft Certifications
- Transport Canada Marine Medical
- Experience with Safety Management Systems (ISO & ISM)
- Experience with Microsoft Suite an asset
- Strong communication and proven teamwork skills
- Self-starter, analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Previous tanker experience required
You will join a team of passionate colleagues in fast paced, growing organization that supports all communities in which we operate. McKeil Marine offers a very competitive total compensation program.
We thank all applicants but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. McKeil Marine is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.