Soroc Technology Incorporated delivers complete IT Services. We help our clients achieve their best through the most appropriate technology solutions. Soroc is hiring Deskside Support Analyst to join their team.
As a Deskside Support Analyst, you will be responsible for providing first and second level Deskside support (SW/HW and IMAC calls) to end-users on PC/LAN based equipment. The individual will reside on-site at our Customer’s location. The individual will liaise with the client, technicians, help desk, and all other departments involved to ensure that PC, server and printer calls are handled professionally, and that the highest quality of service is provided. Communication skills and attention to details are key to this position.
Main responsibilities included but are not limited to:
- Focus on completing support calls in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring that constant communication is maintained with internal and external clients.
- Prioritize requests for support service keeping in mind service level requirements
- Provide feedback to Field Operations Manager on potential customer situations
- Works with Client specific applications and Microsoft suite of products
- Perform asset management duties, up to and including shipping and receiving hardware
- Potentially participate in rotating on-call schedule
- Minimum 5 years field experience supporting PC on LAN’s preferably in a financial environment
- Excellent working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of software
- Working knowledge of MS Exchange Email
- Exposure to general networking protocols, specifically TCP/IP and IPX/SPX
- Must possess good software and hardware troubleshooting skills combined with good written and oral communications skills
- Experience in servicing PC’s, laptops, printers and file servers by manufacturers such as IBM and HP
- A+ and MCP Certification required
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP and 7operating systems
- Experience with Microsoft Operating System Deployment (OSD) and System Center 2012 Configuration Manager (SCCM) an asset
- MCSA: Windows 7 or 8.1 certification is an asset
- Experience in providing support on Windows 7 / 8.1 and application software is an asset
- OEM certifications an asset
- Network+, MCSE, Server+ certification an asset
- Experience with VOIP phones is an asset
- Experience in providing support on Apple and Blackberry products is an asset
- Excellent Customer relations skills mandatory
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Experience with Service Now is an asset
- Flexible to work shift hours from 8am-8pm local time and occasional overtime and weekends
- Must be physically able to lift/move desktops & monitors
Soroc welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Soroc values the health and safety of our employees. In accordance with Soroc’s Workplace Vaccination Policy, all offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before the date they start work (and providing proof of same), subject to limited medical and human rights exemptions. Soroc is committed to accommodating all candidates and employees to the point of undue hardship, in accordance with its obligations under human rights legislation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Are you legally entitled to work in Canada?