Permanent Full Time
If you’re passionate about leading a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Environmental Service Manager is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents through the strong leadership and motivation of Sienna team members.
As an Environmental Service Manager your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Manage the Environment Services of the home, and all team members in environmental services department.
- Plans, co-ordinates, directs and monitors the effectiveness of all operational activities within the housekeeping, laundry and maintenance departments.
- Planning, directing, training, assigning and scheduling work assignments for the team members of the environmental services department including evaluating job performance on an annual and ongoing basis, interviewing and hiring team members, and implementing disciplinary actions where appropriate.
- Facilitates department budgets including ensuring sufficient resources/equipment are available through budget preparation, maintenance and the hiring of appropriate and adequate staffing levels.
- Maintaining the building (includes equipment, furnishings and fixtures) in a clean and sanitary good state of repair.
- Maintaining the external grounds; oversees waste management program for the home.
- Ensuring the timely and efficient laundering of linen and residents’ personal clothing.
- Supporting the fire safety program for the home.
- Administering the quality assurance program for the housekeeping, maintenance and laundry services. Supports and participates in quality initiatives by providing input and suggestions for improvement, reporting feedback to immediate supervisor.
- Managing and overseeing the routine and preventative maintenance program for the home.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Bonus points for having:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma.
- Related educational background and experience in environmental services.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a managerial or supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices and prevailing best practices related to housekeeping, laundry and maintenance.
- Ontario: Successful completion of the Fire Safety Planning Training for Owners and Operators in accordance with Ontario Regulation 150/13.
- Background in a building trade is an asset with the ability to read and interpret building prints and drawings.
- Knowledge of the requirements of The Long Term Care Homes Act, Standards and Regulations, Occupational Health and Safety Act and other pertinent Federal, Provincial and Municipal Statues which influence the operation of the home and more specifically those which affect the fire and general safety and maintenance aspects of the operation.
- Computer skills including Excel/Word/Outlook.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills required.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check. Applicable to Ontario applicants.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
- Management experience working in an institutional setting is desirable.
- WHMIS training would be considered an asset.
- Occupational Health and Safety Certification preferred.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.