Reports To: General or Associate Manager
Type: Seasonal Associate, Non-Exempt
- Engage multiple clients at the cash wrap and create a positive lasting impression by offering personalized service.
- Accurately and efficiently perform register/POS transactions, sales, returns, exchanges, etc. (within timeliness standards).
- Ensure accurate ringing and pricing of merchandise, use appropriate price overrides when necessary to charge the correct, current price of SKUs.
- Affirm the client's purchase and offer additional merchandise suggestions to complement & complete initial selections and build sales.
- Promote continued customer engagement through email capture, clienteling, opinion lab and social media. Give customer a compelling reason to want to stay connected.
- Promote and process St. Jude's & Sick Kids Hospital contributions during campaign.
- Share information and testimonials about product, samples/demonstrations and assortment.
- Promote all the services that build lasting client relationships and drive sales (In-Store/In-Home Consultations, Registry, Clienteling).
- Assist sales team in providing personalized service, store client purchases at cash wrap, process holds, locate merchandise, etc.
- Maintain visual standards and supplies of the cash wrap area.
- Help maintain visual standards of store. Assists in closing, opening, replenishment, markdowns and recovery of store.
- Accept direction from management and perform other duties as assigned.
- Adapt to change. Take initiative and follow up with a sense of urgency.
- Communicate effectively. Convey essential information to coworkers and management in a timely manner using proper etiquette (including walkie etiquette). Remains composed and tactful. Uses appropriate and effective verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Comply with attendance, timekeeping, POS, dress code and other Human Resources and Operational practices, policies and procedures.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to protect company assets and minimize loss.
- Uphold core values of the Company, treating all associates and customers with dignity and respect, in accordance with our People First Philosophy.
- Promote St. Jude's & Sick Kid's Hospital contributions during campaign.
- 1-2 years retail sales experience (specialty retail preferred, but not required.)
- 1-2 years customer service experience.
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
- Availability to meet the Seasonal needs of the business. Associates must be available for annual inventory and entire holiday season.
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lbs, while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
EDUCATION: High school diploma (or equivalent) preferred.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Casual