IRL International Truck Centres Ltd. has been serving the British Columbia Interior since 1928. We currently have locations in Kamloops, Kelowna, Penticton, Vernon & Williams Lake. We are a full service International, Isuzu & Peerless Dealership offering Service, Parts and New & Used Truck and Trailer Sales. With our partner IRL Idealease Ltd. we also offer a variety of Full Service Leases & Rentals. Our teams are combined with years of training, experience, and expertise to provide our customers with the finest service possible.
We are always looking for qualified Commercial or Heavy-Duty Mechanics to join the team.
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Maintains vehicle records by commentating services and repairs.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives, confirming repair completion before releasing unit to the customer.
- Complies with federal and provincial vehicle requirements by inspecting vehicle’s to CVSE compliance
- Knowledgeable of medium and heavy duty International truck products.
- Cummins diagnostic and repair experience mandatory
- Has strong electrical diagnostic skills
- Class 1 or 3 driver’s license an asset
- Strong self-motivational skills
- Goal oriented and a team player
*Why work for us?
*This is an excellent opportunity to be key member of a well-established family company with a corporate work environment. We value trust, honesty, integrity and we are committed to providing an environment that supports growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization as a whole. This is a critical role which will have an opportunity for further advancement with the company long-term. We offer an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits.
Job Type: Full-time