Reporting to the IT Manager Junior IT Specialist will assist in the planning, installation, maintenance, and support of the workplace technology environment. This role offers a great opportunity for a technically minded individual to gain hands on experience and on-going development of skills and knowledge within the IT Department. This position will be based out of our Hamilton office and provide exposure to the agricultural manufacturing plant. We are seeking someone with at least 1 years of experience in a similar role along with the completion of a diploma in Computer Engineering Technology or Computer Network Administration
- Solve problems and use experience relevant to IT filed in an office and plant environment.
- Install and configure PC related software for the business using deployment tools or manually if needed.
- Provide installation, maintenance, and tuning of Windows hardware and software systems.
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation.
- Support the management of the breakdown, relocation, and set-up of workstations to accommodate user relocations, site relocation, site remodels and new location installations as assigned.
- Preparing and providing support documentation, including procedural documentation when required, including providing user and group training as required.
- Opportunity to become involved in network build projects (running cable, mount network cabinets, switches, access points, cameras.
- Respond to user tickets and incoming alerts from systems monitoring
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements and Qualifications
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Operating system, server architectures, basic knowledge of networking, and programing concepts.
- Basic knowledge of PC desktop configurations, with an emphasis on Win64 Bit platforms.
- The ability to think logically and break complex issues into smaller tasks/steps when troubleshooting.
- Ability to explain technical concepts and theories to non-technical audiences.
- Familiar with desktop and server hardware components including repair and basic troubleshooting.
- Experience working with multiple operating systems, including Linux, Windows and Mac.
- Familiarity with databases, network storage and virtualization technology a plus.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of applicable IT laws and regulations, strong customer service and troubleshooting skills
- Decision Making & Judgment – finds solutions that are acceptable to diverse groups; makes necessary decisions even when information is limited; learns from consequences of decisions.
- People Management – coaches others regardless of performance level; helps others identify key goals and use their talents to achieve those goals; builds relationships; offers praise and recognition.
- Leadership – comfortable in leadership role; directs and guides others; inspires others; shares “vision”; exhibits strength and confidence; shows courage.
- Ownership – is eager to take ownership of responsibilities; can and does think independently to excel in role; takes ownership of challenges / doesn’t blame or be a victim.
- Results Focus – exhibits commitment to goals and consistently delivers results; demonstrates personal initiative and independent motivation to achieve goals and objectives; takes risks when necessary; undaunted by obstacles.
- Communication – relates well to people; builds rapport along all dimensions of organization; resolves conflicts; provides clear directions and information.
- Customer Focus – understands and meets needs of customers and business partners; builds positive customer relationships.
- Problem Solving – breaks down problems and generates a range of solutions; thinks outside the box and uses ideas of others to help develop solutions; takes action and evaluates results of actions.
Work performed in an office and manufacturing environment. The Agrisolutions Hamilton facility is unionized and employs approximately 110 plant employees.
The role will be required to be flexible around work hours, may occasionally be required to work outside of regular hours dependent upon the needs of the business.
While performing the duties of this job, the role requires visits and walk throughs of the production plant. While in the production plant the employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to sit; climb; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hamilton, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)