Work with us and help reimagine service delivery.
Come join us and help make a difference! Trillium Support Services is a social enterprise committed to meeting the needs of children, youth, and adults with complex special needs. At Trillium we provide support staff to Residential Programs, Day Programs, Community Support Programs and in Family Homes. As a social enterprise, profits are reinvested in our user’s programs, in training of our Social Care Workers, in using technology to enhance lives and investing in families.
We would like to hear from you if you have the drive, determination, compassion and caring to make a difference in the lives of these individuals.
- Passion and demonstrated ability to work with clients who have complex special needs
- Ability to build therapeutic rapport and follow prescribed programming
- Experience in design and implementation of life skills, cognitive retraining and applying the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis
- Ability to function within a team or in the community
- Well developed communication, interpersonal, computer and writing skills
- Committed to your professional development
- Flexible to work evenings & weekends
- Committed to making a difference and in working with us to create the very best in practice
- Ability to support and manage aggressive behaviours
- University degree or College diploma in a related discipline (Behaviour Sciences, DSW, SSW, CYW, EA, SNS, P.T.A, or equivalent)
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working in social services with individuals with complex special needs
- Up to date Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Certification in a recognized Crisis Intervention- Safe Management is an asset
We appreciate your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- support: 2 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- G Class Driver's Licence (Preferred)
- additional languages an asset (Preferred)