POSITION: Import Specialist Trainee, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
LOCATION: Winnipeg, MB (Head Office)
START DATE: June 7, 2021
50 Best-Managed Employer Seeking an Import Specialist Trainee
- Work Life Balance – We mean it: paid volunteer days, social committee, cultural surveys.
- Compensation – We pay fairly: scheduled salary assessments, salary scales, RRSP/DPSP program, Profit Sharing/Bonuses, Subsidized GoodLife Gym Memberships, Transit Passes, Sports Tickets.
- Excellent Benefits – Subsidized health, dental, short and long term disability, AD&D and critical illness.
- Employee Retention – Employee development, internal university, external training, leadership development, internal applicant preference, career planning & advancement.
…Looking to begin or start a new career in a dynamic fast paced environment?
…Keen to continually learn and develop skills?
…Wanting to join a 120 year well established secure company?
…Motivated to join a ‘family’ based culture?
…Eager to learn about the Customs Brokerage Industry?
The goal of the program is to develop talented individuals into GHY’s future leaders. The individuals brought aboard will work at a full-time capacity through a 3-month detailed training program. Throughout the training program the individuals will rotate working with different operations teams in our Winnipeg office location. The individuals will learn and develop Customs Brokerage skills and at the end of the training program be placed into a Team that best suits the individual skillset.
All Import Specialist Trainees will be supported by our designated Corporate Trainer.
- Learn and develop skills in release and post-release entries
- Learn and develop skills in using our in-house Customs programs
- Process and manage truck, rail, air and ocean container releases;
- Record and verify data in computer-readable form;
- Learn the Tariff and assist with rating goods according to the Tariff
- Sit in on client onboarding, database builds/loads/edits
- Review of adjustments produced by adjustment clerks
- Other duties as required
- Completion of Grade XII or equivalent;
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Professional oral and written communication
- Strong internal communication skills
- Read/write and understand detailed forms, memos or letters
- Problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic
- Work prioritization skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Ability to manage heavy workloads
- Basic mental mathematics
- Keyboarding – 45+ WPM
- Understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with ITMR4 would be an asset
- Sitting at desk 90%
- Movement/being mobile 10%
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: $30,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Data Entry: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (preferred)