0 - 10%
Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
The Presales Specialist possesses advanced level knowledge of SAP and partner software solutions, focusing on SAP’s finance solutions. The Presales Specialist participates in sales cycles as a member of the virtual account team in support of the sales account strategy. Travel will be between 0-30%.
A Presales Specialist works in conjunction with Sales Reps / Account Reps and interacts with prospective customers through executive meetings, discovery conversations, solution demonstrations, executive presentations and follow-up discussions. The Primary role of the Presales Specialist during an active sales cycle is to gain acceptance from the customer that SAP solution can solve the customer’s problem and is the right choice over the other competitive offerings. This is a technical role that will require excellent communication / presentation skills.
- Compose and deliver superior sales presentations covering SAP and partner software solutions to prospective customer audiences. The presentations must articulate the sales message, differentiate SAP, and leave a strong and positive impression to audiences which can include senior company executives.
- Prepare and deliver value-based software demonstrations/presentations in support of sales cycles. Preparation includes personalization of materials to ensure delivery of a simple, appealing and compelling customer presentation.
- In advance of a demonstration or key presentation, conduct discovery sessions with representatives from the prospective customer in order to build relationships with the customer and understand their unique needs.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of SAP solutions and appropriate industries in order to maintain credibility with prospective customers. Provide proof points with relevant customer stories.
- Ability to effectively present to customers “remotely” using virtual technologies.
- Provide limited post-sale support to key customers primarily to the project/implementation team to ensure a smooth transition.
- Able to lead as a Solution Captain when deals require complex solutions with multiple presales participants to support a successful customer presentation or demo.
- Effectively leverage and collaborate with extended sales support teams (Global / Regional Solution Specialists, Industry Value Engineers, Solution Hubs, Deal Advisors, Solution Experience, Product Management).
- Support occasional sales and marketing events both on-site and remotely.
- Collaborate with the sales team to identify whitespace opportunities at accounts.
- Develop close relationships with sales teams in order to promote effective sales methodologies
- Participate in demo system design and planning and assist in configuration if needed. Participate in new product release input and testing and training of peers.
- Serve as a champion for or participate as a leader in Solution Hubs and provide knowledge transfer to colleagues as needed.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- 4+ years of presales / consulting / software implementation
- 4+ years of experience in business in the Core Finance functions – General Ledger, Financial Closing/Reporting, Accounts Payable, Accounts -Receivable, Fixed Assets, Costing, Forecast/Planning.
- Good to have skills - knowledge of Treasury Management, Risk Management, Cash Management
- Experience in sales processes (RFx responses, sales strategy and execution, etc)
- Demonstrates successful engagements leading small teams on small-mid-sized deals
- Expert knowledge/expertise on end to end business workflows/solution matching
- Bachelor equivalent: minimum requirement
- Master/MBA equivalent: optional
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Accounting Designation: desirable but optional
- Fluent in English.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.