Founded in 1984, OEC Group expanded throughout North America and emerged as a global logistics provider. With offices located in Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver, New York, Los Angeles and in Asia, our highly-skilled professionals arrange the most complex air and ocean shipments, door deliveries, custom clearance, insurance, IT solutions, consulting, warehousing, and distribution services. Using best-in-class carriers, we can accommodate any client request, from a local delivery to major logistical projects throughout the world.
At OEC Group, we’ve built our reputation on the highest levels of quality and service. Our passion and dedication to serving clients and partners are the two main ingredients in our continued growth and success. Driven by our forward-thinking corporate culture, we continually raise the bar to greater performance heights, delivering the kind of high-quality service that wins customer loyalty.
OEC Group is actively seeking a Vice President, Warehousing & Distribution to join the Executive management team and drive the division's sustainable expansion.
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President, Warehousing & Distribution is responsible for national and international 3PL warehousing and distribution operations for all entities of the OEC Group.
- Develop a team driven culture in line with OEC Group’s vision, mission and objectives;
- Coach, develop, evaluate DC management team and build succession planning;
- Develop and launch new 3PL warehousing and distribution operations in national/international markets;
- Support management with sales and pricing efforts for distribution and warehousing services;
- Manage ground transportation carrier relationships and contract negotiations;
- Using industry best practices, oversee operational, safety, quality, cost and efficiencies;
- Responsible for developing operational budgets and KPIs for all DC locations;
- Ensure visible performance KPI’s are present in all DC locations;
- Review monthly P/L for each DC and make necessary corrective action as needed;
- Ensure that customers’ warehouse and distribution activities are completed with high accuracy, quality, and speed;
- Maintain and lead productivity improvement initiatives to deliver service level and bottom-line improvements;
- Enforce proper standard operating procedures (SOPs) aimed at meeting clients' requirements;
- In conjunction with the IT team, implement Oracle WMS tier 1 at designated facilities;
- Responsible for Material Handling Equipment (MHE) throughout all facilities;
- Responsible for DC yard security management as per corporate policies;
- Visit clients on a regular basis to build relationship and ensure customer satisfaction;
- Liaison with Human Resources and DC Managers as needed on contract/employee agreement issues;
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures and assure branch locations compliance;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Attributes:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Supply & Chain Management or other related field;
- 10+ years of experience in a managerial role, with 3 years in a multi-site international environment (3PL and E-commerce experience);
- Experience with contracts, negotiations, and change management;
- Experience partnering with business leadership and other executives;
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles.
- Strong problem identification, problem resolution and data interpretation skills;
- Sound analytical thinking, strong planning and organization skills;
- Proficiency developing metrics planning;
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills, ability to lead a team, to achieve results, ability to influence others,
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude: leads by example;
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor;
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills;
- Ability to operate strategically, while understanding the tactical implications of decisions;
- Demonstrate drive and initiative to identify, solve, and follow-through on problems and to achieve results in a timely fashion with a high degree of professionalism;
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills in both English and French;
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including advanced Excel knowledge, Word and PowerPoint;
- Intricate knowledge of WMS systems;
- High execution skills using technology and productivity systems;
- Knowledge of the 3PL industry, best practices and prior experience developing relationships with carriers.
- Regular travel required;
- Responsibilities require ability to work in excess of regular working hours.Compensation:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience;
- Group benefits.
Please send a resume and cover letter.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Warehouse Management: 10 years (Required)
- Multi-site and international: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)