Job title :
SEEKING COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKERS IN THE ELK VALLEY!
FERNIE HEALTH CENTRE
PERMANENT PART TIME (0.75 FTE)
We are currently seeking Community Health Workers to join our teams in beautiful Fernie, Sparwood and Elkford!
Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? Are you looking for a flexible work schedule? If the answer is 'yes' then we want to hear from you!
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of healthcare professionals who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients by assisting with activities of daily living and supporting and encouraging maximum independence. Wages for Community Health Workers are: $23.27-$25.45/hour.
Temporary and Permanent vacancies come up occasionally as well as casual opportunities even more often! Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary to a maximum of 40 hours per week. Many applicants start out with Interior Health in a casual capacity but are quickly successful on a permanent position, entitling them to employer paid benefits and banked time off for sick and vacation. This is a great way to start your career with Interior Health.
If you’re interested in working for IH as a Community Health Worker, apply today and we will be in touch to discuss the current opportunities with our team that fit best for you!
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Elk Valley boasts four-season activities and small-town charm. Learn more about Fernie here; learn more about Sparwood here; learn more about Elkford here.
Find more information about applying and working as a Health Care Assistant at Interior Health here!
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
- If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
- Grade 12
- Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
- BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
- Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle (for CHW only)
- Along with a copy of your CV (or resume) please provide a copy of your certificate.*