Role: Customer Service Representative
- *Safety Express Ltd an Aramsco Company has been serving its clients for over 30 years in the Abatement, Restoration, and Industrial Safety and Surface Preparation market. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with exceptional interpersonal skills, as well as a strong background in customer service to join our team as a Customer Service Representative.
Responsible for all inbound customer activities, including order generation, locating of product to meet order requirements, upselling customer on every opportunity, negotiating delivery date and repairs, testing and shipping of product. Work collaboratively with sales and support teams for the team’s achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation and long-term company goals.
- Process Oriented
- Flexible/Multitask (ie. able to pivot to a new task without compromising their current task (to switch priorities))
- Customer focused – needs to enjoy engaging with a customer, outgoing, friendly
- Driven to learn
- Positive thinker
- Sense of Urgency (consistent follow-up)
- Self-starter once trained
- Great memory
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Demonstrate a “fire in the belly” attitude, the initiative to take the time to learn product and service offering, and the desire to take advantage of training opportunities provided by the company.
- Bilingual in English & French is an asset
- Demonstrate product knowledge in all areas of the business including abatement, restoration, general safety and thermal imaging
- Support Branch Manager in achieving annual & monthly operations plan
- Work co-operatively and support all internal partners (Operations, Inside and Outside Sales Teams) and contribute to achieving monthly and annual sales and operational targets.
- Responsible for servicing all orders for existing and new customers, including determining customer needs, assisting with product selection, upselling, advising of monthly promotions, order entry and fulfillment and locating product
- Outbound calling to customers, both current and prospective, to support the branches ability to obtain branch objectives
- from alternative sources to achieve the sale
- Support warehouse including, receiving, stocking and picking of orders (Heavy lifting may be required (50lbs))
- Support Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payable team members on pricing, shipping or account discrepancies in a timely manner and settling credit card terminal daily
- Review open orders and back orders daily, following up with vendors on back orders as appropriate; and ensure the customer receives their products in an appropriate time.
- Invoice and file packing slips
- Maintain showroom and office area in customer ready condition
- Any other duties as assigned
- 3 to 5 years’ experience
- Post-secondary education preferred
- Bilingual (English & French) would be an asset
- Proven self-starter and team player
- Knowledge of the abatement, restoration, construction or general safety industries considered an asset
- Knowledge in retail sales and strong customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to remain professional and courteous with customers at all times
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Physical requirements include: Walking, bending, reaching, stretching, climbing ladders, lifting 50 pounds, visual acuity to read bar code labels and location labels
- Proficient using computers
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Growth opportunities
- Career Development and tuition reimbursement program
- Health/Dental/Life Benefit programs
- EAP Program
- RRSP Program
Safety Express team Inc. is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, and will be provided upon request, to applicants with disabilities to enable their participation in the recruitment, assessment, selection and hiring stages in accordance with Accessibility Standards and the Human Rights Code.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$50,000.00 per year